|Job Ref:||204666928||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£35000 - £50000/annum £35,000 to £50,000 DOE + Benefit||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:56|
A leading multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy are currently looking for Mechanical Design Engineer's (Junior / Intermediate / Senior / Principal / Associate) to join their busy Engineering department. Reporting directly to the Regional Manager, this is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the UK's leading multi-disciplinary consultancy's. You will be working on some of the UK's leading projects and will have the backing of an organisation who will invest in your career development.|
You will be working on projects of all sectors of the construction industry including; Residential, Industrial, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Leisure and Hospitality on project values up to and occasionally exceeding £20 million.
You will be:
• Responsible for the design, specification and contract management of Mechanical Services projects
• Carrying out detailed surveys of Mechanical services and equipment to establish the extent of the existing installation and gain enough information to complete design and to report findings to others as required.
• Preparation of drawings, designs, specifications, feasibilities, tender documentation and tender reports covering all aspects of Mechanical services. Technical report production and using CAD as appropriate. Assistance and advice on all aspects of energy consumption and utilisation and identify on delegate schemes, recommendations to improve energy performance.
• Contract administration, project management, site supervision and commissioning of projects in accordance with the Client's Brief, cost constraints and programme. Investigate and diagnose faults or malfunctions of plant, services and equipment as requested.
• To provide sufficient design information to the Project Manager or Senior Engineer to assist in the financial control of the contract being maintained within the Client's budget. Assist in the monitoring of the design and project management of commissions within agreed programmes. Report any variances or anomalies to the Project Manager or Senior Engineer, immediately for important items and at weekly intervals for the rest.
• Ensure in the compliance with Construction (design and management) Regulations for engineering aspects of delegated projects.
• Liaise with all Group representatives including Clients, Other Consultants, Contractors, and Company's Representatives etc as required.
You will have experience in AutoCAD and design software (Hevacomp etc). You will possess either a BEng or MSc Degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent by experience.
Whether you are a junior engineer looking for the next opportunity to expand your skill set or whether you are a senior member looking for a clear directorship path then we would be keen to hear from you.
For more information on this position or to apply contact Ian Farr on (Apply online only)