|Job Ref:||204666088||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£21 - £23/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:56|
Call Dean on (Apply online only) *********************|
The post holder will have overall authority for all civils projects (and or cabling installations including telecomm inspectors works gangs) that may be appointed to. They will also have the following key responsibilities:
• Responsibility for the management of sub-contractor installation activities.
• Responsibility for overseeing site teams
• Responsibility to ensure compliance with relevant site safety procedures pertaining to safety and adherence to method statements and other processes and procedures.
The post holder should have a proven record in the discipline of general construction principles. The Site manager should also have at least 5 years experience in the application of principles and processes of Site management; membership of a recognised professional institution; a working knowledge of Site legislation, the railway regime and associated processes; knowledge of the railway industry and possess developed interpersonal and communication skills enabling them to manage and liaise with project team members and subcontractors.
Prime Responsibilities to Project Manager
1. Build or construct any infrastructure item to complies with the relevant specification and requirements.
2. Ensure that all site works and practices comply with the Group Quality Assurance, Environmental and Health & Safety procedures and work instructions.
3. Effectively manage site installation contractors to ensure implementation target schedules are met.
4. Responsibility for acceptance of specific site scope of works by sub-contractors.
5. Ensure that all information received is correct and compliant with the required standards and legislation before installation works starts.
6. In association with sub-contractors and/or suppliers, develop cost effective and safe means of equipment installation for all sites.
7. Operate best practice solutions at all times and maintain the best interests of the Group.
8. Attend project review / update meetings as requested.
9. Continuously liaise with all project functions including the Planning / Design / Commercial / Civil Site / Health & Safety management departments.
10. Produce timely progress reports as required by project manager
11. Build good working relationships both within client organisations and with external contractors
12. Be responsible for ensuring that site safety is recognised as the projects overriding principle.
13. Undertake periodic safety inspection of work sites for which the post holder has responsibility
Dimensions of the Job
1 - Financial
Responsibility for delivering works to time, cost and specification.
2 - Staff
Management of work teams and numerous subcontractors.
3 - Level of Authority None.
Competitive salary for the right applicant
If you think you meet the requirements we would like to hear from you