|Job Ref:||204663506||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby / Liverpool||Address:||Salary:||£38000 - £45000/annum plus package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:56|
Senior OLE Engineer|
Company/Division: OLE - Rail
Our client is one of the leading rail infrastructure suppliers in the UK. From feasibility studies, planning and design through to implementation and asset management, they provide multi-disciplinary rail infrastructure services across the lifecycle of rail assets. Their expertise covers electrification, track, power, signalling, civils, specialist rail plant, railway systems and technologies.
They deliver design and engineering services in Electrification, Permanent Way and Civil Engineering for railways, offering a full range of support through a project life cycle from feasibility studies to detailed design and beyond.
The Senior Engineer will operate as part of the Engineering and Technologies business unit and can be based in either the North West regional office or the East Midlands regional office. The rail team within both offices focusses on the delivery of a range of electrification engineering projects.
Senior Engineers are responsible for creating and checking designs and are well experienced in their chosen discipline, in this case Railway Overhead Line Electrification. A Senior Engineer may be involved in the preparation of designs on live projects or engaged in work winning from time to time.
In this role, the Senior Engineer will report to a Principal Engineer or Engineering Manager. The Senior Engineer may be appointed as the "Lead Engineer" of a design project as the need arises.
Role & Responsibilities:
Senior Engineers are technically accountable for a team of typically 5 engineers and draughtspersons, delivering design and consultancy engineering, aiming to achieve the following:
• Preparing and checking designs including drawings and documents
• Co-ordinating others to deliver designs and solutions
• Preparing calculations, verification and validation documents
• Supporting the work winning process
• Supporting and suggesting new engineering techniques
• Supporting innovative project solutions, and project delivery processes
• For more information please see attached job description.
As a Senior Engineer will have:
• As a minimum, a HND in electrical, mechanical or Civil engineering and will be used to operating in a Client facing technical environment
• You will be very experienced in development of designs for Railway Electrification and will have produced these to the highest standards
• You will be used to leading small technical teams and driving to meet deadlines in complex solution environments
• Railway Systems and Electrification knowledge is essential. For the right candidate, with experience at this level in another heavy engineering industry, training in Railway Overhead Line Equipment will be given
• You should have a real attention to detail and an excellent developer of both self and others.
• We value enthusiasm, motivation and a drive to succeed
• You will have the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels, be able to understand other people's point of view and learn how to get the best out of people
• You must be eligible to live and work permanently in the UK
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality