|Job Ref:||204663066||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£60000 - £65000/annum £5k car allowance||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:56|
JOB TITLE: Senior Quantity Surveyor|
SALARY: £60k-£65k + £5k travel allowance, healthcare, pension
CONTACT: Kerry Hayes -
COMPANY INFORMATION - Senior Quantity Surveyor
* Reputable and market leading Building Services and Property Maintenance Company
* Close working relationships with high profile clients meaning long term contracts and security
* Dedicated to all aspects of maintenance and repair on social housing contracts
* Operating a mobile team of engineers and labour across the UK
* Excellent reputation for delivering quality and high standards of service
CANDIDATE INFORMATION - Senior Quantity Surveyor
* A recognised quantity surveying qualification at HND level or higher is essential
* Significant demonstrable experience as a Project Quantity Surveyor is required.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* IT skills including advanced Excel, Microsoft Project and Word.
* Demonstrable experience of managing a team of at least three Quantity Surveyors.
* Motivated and trustworthy
JOB INFORMATION - Senior Quantity Surveyor
To be responsible for the financial management of individual planned works projects ensuring that financial targets are achieved on 10+5 year London Borough Housing Contract
* To liaise with clients and their representatives to ensure their requirements are understood and all contract requirements met.
* Work within a team of Quantity Surveyors reporting to the Commercial Manager in an effective manner to ensure all critical deadlines are met, specifically submission of valuations, internal CVRs, internal forward work plans, sub-contract ordering, valuing of sub-contract works and processing sub-contract payments all in accordance with deadline schedules set by your line manager.
* Ensure all Contract Set-up and close down procedures are followed.
* Ensure all valuations and certificates are loaded onto the Mi-Cash database in a timely fashion.
* Prepare and agree final account documentation including claims etc for both client and subcontractors.
* Improve Contract profitability from tender margins and consistently year on year throughout the term of the Contract.
* Procure subcontractors and produce an accurate and complete subcontract order which ensures commercially advantageous rates and encompasses all main contract and client contract conditions.
* Regularly check and value subcontractors work, agree valuations and produce payment certificates, in accordance with sub-contract conditions.
* Monitor labour and material costs and assist in the managing of these costs to ensure profitability is maintained. To liaise with the site and project managers to ensure maximum efficiency of working methods and material procurement.
* Visit site and prepare regular external valuations ensuring all variations and additional works are incorporated and reach agreement with the client's representative as to the value.
* Pre-survey works and accurately price works database for onward transmission to Cost Consultant or Client. Substantiate submission with Cost Consultant if necessary.
* Prepare business cases and incorporate into Task Order Pricing.
* To assist site and project managers in the identification and recording of variations.
* To attend contract meetings both within the business, with our clients and with sub-contractors to ensure the smooth running of the project.
* Ensure all contact requirements are fulfilled.
* Assist in the successful management of the project.
If you fit the above description please forward a copy of your cv and covering letter to Kerry Hayes