|Job Ref:||204663006||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Peckham||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum 4% employer pension||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:56|
Standage & Co. Ltd is a medium-sized building refurbishment contractor based in SE London operating across London and the eastern home counties.
We have an immediate requirement for a talented individual to take on full responsibility for the company's Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems. We have an excellent existing HSEQ culture in place fully supported by Senior Management. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to manage, refine and develop our systems and people as we prepare for our next exciting stage of growth.
To manage and maintain the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality processes and procedures in line with company objectives.
Position in the organisation
The job holder reports direct to the Managing Director.
Key Measures of Success
• Company compliance with all Health & Safety, Environmental legislation and Quality standards
• Maintenance of all accreditations
• All pre-contract HSEQ targets met or exceeded
• All post-contract HSEQ targets met or exceeded
• Client Satisfaction
Areas of Responsibility
• Management, development and implementation of the Company's Health & Safety Policy
• Coordinate CDM activities in line with current regulations as the Principal Contractor including writing of CPHSPs and Health & Safety Files, liaison with other CDM stakeholders
• Manage company systems including all processes, procedures, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and COSHH documents.
• Be responsible for current ISO9001, 14001 and other accreditations including monitoring and reporting activities in accordance with 9001, 14001 standards.
• Manage and coordinate third party HSEQ audit process.
• Produce and deliver staff inductions, training and briefings as identified by planned works, current best practice and changes in legislation.
• Produce and maintain the HSEQ Competence/Training Matrix.
• Lead on all incidents and accident investigations
• Manage the internal HSEQ audit process and monitor Standage business to ensure legislative and project requirements are met.
• Identify and procure specialist training for staff and management team.
• Provide legislative and regulation advice to the SMT on all matters relating to HSEQ to ensure compliance.
• Manage Standage document control process.
• Provide out of hours support for emergencies and events.
• Be the liaison and interface between the client and contractor HSEQ management.
• Be the point of contact for the HSE and Environment Agency
• To make recommendations to the Managing Director and SMT for system improvements and capital investments
• To develop and maintain a personal network capable of benefitting the business performance
• Conformance to all legal requirements and maintenance of an appropriate exposure to commercial risk at all times
• Customer Relationship Management of existing customers and new relative to project delivery
• To assist with marketing material and campaigns
• To assist other members of the SMT in fulfilment of their roles and responsibilities.
Experience & Qualifications
• Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years' experience working in a Health, Safety and Quality management role
• A recognised qualification in Health & Safety, e.g. NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 4/5 Occupational Safety & Health Practice
• Hold a recognised qualification in Quality Systems and Quality Management
• Proven experience at a management level, and of managing a team
• Ability to understand and interpret the requirements of UK health, safety and environmental legislation
• An excellent communicator in English, both written and verbal
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels
• Self-motivated and able to work autonomously but collaboratively
Job Type: Full-time