|Job Ref:||204662764||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Doncaster||Address:||Post Code:||DN1||Salary:||£38000 - £42000/annum Company car, 24 days holiday||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:57|
Position: Quantity Surveyor|
Position type: Full Time Permanent
Reports To: Director of Civil Engineering
Department: Civil Engineering
Due to internal promotion Derek Lewis Ltd is currently looking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to be based at the Doncaster Head Office. The role will require the Quantity Surveyor to provide holistic support to the Civil Engineering Department of Derek Lewis Limited. The Quantity Surveyor will play an active role in the day to day operation of this growing, dynamic company. This exciting role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to develop his/her career within a reputable, well respected company.
Potential candidates must have:
• Experience of residential and commercial groundworks, roads, sewers, drainage, hard and soft landscaping, reinforced concrete, footings and foundations
• Established background in civil and ground work engineering
• HNC or Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management.
• Knowledge of preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
• Understanding of cost analysis
• Advising on procurement strategy
• Understanding the implications of contracts (NEC would be an essential)
• Willingness to travel and meet clients and stakeholders.
The Successful Candidate will:
• Maintain records
• Identify opportunities to maximise profit and minimise loss
• Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, for example; suppliers, sub-contractors
• Preparation of contracts
• On-going cost analysis
• Attend on site meetings with main contractors, sub-contractors and clients
• Prepare bid documents for civil engineering projects
• Review and interpret contractual documents to make accurate judgments.
• Maintain online tender platform, negotiate, communicate and lead the process.
• Producing application for payment
• Forward thinking
• Commercially focused
• Demonstration of good communication skills
• Ability to work on their own and as part of a team
• Problem Solver
• Proven track record of achieving targets
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including; Excel, Word and Outlook
Salary and Benefits
• Salary will be highly competitive dependent on experience
• Company car
• Flexible working hours
• 32 days Holiday Including Bank Holidays
Derek Lewis Background
Derek Lewis Limited was founded in 1973 and has since evolved into a multifaceted organisation with Surfacing, Civil and Plant Maintenance Departments. Our reputation as a trustworthy and reputable surfacing and civil engineering company has been achieved by placing the needs of the customer at the centre of our business.
Here at Derek Lewis Limited, we pride ourselves in being able to deliver an extensive range of services to our clients. Our flexible customer-focused approach allows us to respond with tailored solutions that meet the ever-changing demands of the modern construction environment. The customer is at the heart of everything we do; our highly skilled professional team will use the latest state of the art equipment to deliver a high quality product to meet the needs of our clients. In a highly competitive market Derek Lewis, a vibrant, forward-thinking company welcomes en quires from the public and private sectors to strengthen its partnerships to deliver high quality results.
Derek Lewis Limited is committed to building a team of skilled, well-motivated individuals to move the company forward, it provides career opportunities at all levels of the organisation and is a powerful advocate of apprenticeships and mentoring schemes. The company is actively seeking to attract professionally qualified individuals who will deliver work of the highest quality to meet the specific needs of the customer. With our highly skilled and driven team we are able to complete all contracts regardless of their size and complexity