|Job Ref:||204662609||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greater Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||BL1||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:57|
Senior Electrical Estimator |
Location: North West
Salary: £40,000-£45000 + Car Allowance & Benefits
17th Edition of the Electrical Regulations (advantageous)
City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing (advantageous)
City & Guilds 2396 Design and Verification (advantageous)
Amtech Pro Design, AutoCAD & Relux (advantageous)
Well established building services contractor have a fantastic opportunity for a senior electrical estimator to join our successful Enterprise Services division.
We have over 190 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans, they are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition.
The key purpose of the role is the production of detailed and accurate electrical designs & estimates for traditional & design & build projects throughout the UK. They will be required to work on a broad variety of major projects, across most sectors such as commercial and retail. Value of enquires will range between £500-£2,000,000.
• Control & manage the electrical enquiry workload in line with KPI's & deadlines.
• Liaise with Senior Account Managers, Technical Account Managers & Technical Designers to ensure high quality & detailed proposals are submitted in line with client requirements.
• To advise the Service Design Manager on any foreseeable issues with workload etc.
• Preparing all enquiries/designs for sign off at the relevant level in good time as to allow for changes to take effect within the deadline submittal date.
• Ensure all designs are to the latest industry standards.
• Act as Bid Manager as required & co-ordinate the various internal elements to ensure company standards are met all times.
• Applying for project pricing & liaising with our supply chain to ensure the most competitive rates are used at all times.
• Using drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders.
• Taking off quantities off drawings/specifications/bills of quantities.
• Producing complete electrical estimates using 'Estimation' Software.
• Ensuring that all bids submitted are technically correct.
• Producing tender packages for subcontractors and reviewing returned documents for inclusion in main bid.
• Involvement in finalisation of tenders including value engineering suggestions, alternative manufacturer proposals etc. and transfer of agreed values into estimating system.
• Ensuring all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures.
• Follow all company standards with regards to estimating practices & procedures etc.
• As required represent the Company in negotiations and meetings.
• Attend internal project handover meetings and assist Commercial Manager in developing the commercial strategy for the project.
• ONC/HNC Building Services Engineering or equivalent experience in similar role
• Electrical estimating/bid presentation experience in the enterprise sector
• Proven track record of successfully winning electrical projects in line with business guidelines
• Good understanding of technical issues
• Working knowledge of labour, plant, materials and equipment
• Ability to read and clearly understand drawings and specifications
• Ability to work under pressure and flexible in approach to tender deadlines
• Wide supplier and sub-contractor knowledge
• Computer literate with experience of 'Estimation' software
• Good understanding of BREEAM, EPCs, relevant Building Regulations, SBEM
• Good commercial acumen
• Good forward thinker and planner
• Team player
• Highly motivated, good work ethic and enthusiastic
• Confident and articulate with an attention to detail
• Highly professional, highly organised with a high level of integrity
• Able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
• Able to perform consistently under pressure, and meet deadlines
• Quick thinker and adaptable to different situations
• Approachable and good interpersonal skills
• Can see an opportunity and develop it
• Creative mind - thinks about the best way to provide information in a clear and concise manner
• Accepts change and new ideas
• Takes full accountability for performance and professional development
• Highest Standards: Consistently demonstrates that only the best is good enough, and demonstrates positive attitude towards continuous improvement and passion and pride about own work
• Client Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients. Actively collects first-hand client information and uses it to improve services and solutions
• Driven: Demonstrates complete focus and determination to achieve successful outcomes. Is highly motivated and has a good work ethic. Is enthusiastic tenacious and determined
• Operational Excellence: Plans and organises themselves to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently
• Communication: Approachable team player who is able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people, who can clearly communicate ideas, plans and priorities to others. Makes communication a priority so there are no surprises
• Smart: Is able to perform consistently under pressure, think quickly and adapt to different situations
• Honesty: Behaves with integrity at all times
• Problem Solving and Decision Making: exercises straightforward technical or professional judgement using Company values, policy and procedures to guide actions and decisions
• Personal Development: Actively pursues own personal development