|Job Ref:||204662518||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Buckingham||Address:||Post Code:||MK18||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum excellent benefits package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:57|
This is a great opportunity for a senior quantity surveyor to join a well-established and reputable construction company based in Buckingham. They work principally in the education sector. Projects vary in size from £100K to £6m and include new-build and refurbishment.|
The key responsibilities for the senior QS role are as follows:
* Liaising with sub-contractors with regards to payment, procurement, variations and accounts.
* Liaising with contracts managers to ensure works are completed in the most cost effective manner.
* Management of materials procurement and invoicing.
* Control and accurate reporting of project costs.
* Compile and submit payment applications.
* Completion of final accounts and assess for VAT.
* Produce CVR reports.
* Management of project cashflow.
The right candidate will possess the following key skills:
* Previous experience working on prestigious projects (including listed buildings).
* Strong team player.
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to work to deadlines.
* Strong IT skills including all MS office packages and Foundation Evolution.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Solid construction industry commercial and contractual knowledge.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
In return the successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a small, friendly office team in a welcoming and informal environment. My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with the chance to work independently and have a genuine scope of influence within the business