|Job Ref:||204661598||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Shepperton||Address:||Post Code:||TW17||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:57|
Project Package Managers will report ultimately to the Project Manager through Delivery / Construction Managers and are responsible for the management of Packages or Sub Projects from Conception to Completion, ensuring that the objectives of the client and the company, for the project are delivered.
Package Managers will embrace the project philosophy and goals and ensure that their direct Packages align to and achieve the communicated project objectives.
Package Managers will work with all other disciplines within the Project to develop design and execution plans for the packages including procurement and cost management requirements. The Package Managers will have a good understanding of both the main contract and proposed subcontracts/sub-contractors.
Project Package Managers will cascade any EHSQ, security and sustainability communications received through Team Talks, Briefings or bulletins to their teams.
Working in conjunction with the Employers Sub Project Managers, the Package Managers will ensure that communication with the Employers organisation is properly managed and co-ordinated.
• Directing responsibility for the management of the assigned Packages or Sub Projects construction and teams to ensure successful delivery of the project, driving the Right First Time Safety approach;
• Delivery of the Packages or Sub Projects scope from 'concept to completion' with particular emphasis on ensuring compliance with the Employers stage gate process particularly in respect to any early procurement opportunities;
• Working with the Project Controls Engineers to ensure that a robust, fully resourced and risked programme is produced for the delivery of Packages or Sub Projects;
• Working with the Design Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and Procurement Expeditors on the Packages or Sub Projects to ensure seamless integration and transition from Design Completion, Tender selection, Manufacture, Off Site Testing, Delivery, Construction, Installation, Inactive Commissioning, PPD and P&PD;
• Undertaking an assessment of all risks relating to EHSQ of the Works fulfilling requisite information security requirements;
• Monitoring and review of Packages or Sub Projects requirements/achievements;
• Undertaking regular reviews of supply chain/sub-contractors' methods of work to ensure they remain suitable for the task;
• Monitoring works to ensure compliance with agreed systems of work;
• Ensuring that hazards to EHS are adequately assessed and controlled;
• Ensuring that all statutory inspections are carried out;
• Identifying any training needs for the project teams and ensuring a plan is provided
Use all recording tools and data to keep an accurate position of the project programme
All information required for client and other meetings to be available 48 hrs before a meeting
Remain up to date with current health and safety legislation
It is expected that the candidate will be computer literate in all the Microsoft Office suites
Be able to demonstrate that they have worked in a similar capacity on successful projects of a similar size and complexity
Problem solving skills
Excellent communication skills - able to deal with colleagues and external contacts / visitors and Clients in a confident and professional manner
Excellent working knowledge of MS Office software suites (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
Construction qualifications (e.g. HND)
Proven construction experience across a wide range of projects
First Aid / H & S qualification
Process Engineering (IChemE or similar) background