|Job Ref:||204660808||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£35000 - £55000/annum Pension 8 %, Medical, Dental, Holida||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:58|
The leading global built asset consultancy are seeking to locate a career minded quantity surveyor /cost consultant to support their Conglomerates and Consumer Goods team which delivers fit-outs and refurbishments for the UK's major retailers and big-name corporates. Fast paced projects with typical turn around in 4-6 weeks, this large team is involved throughout the whole life cycle, projects are nationwide and there is excellent progression pathways and opportunities. Based out of Milton Keynes with offices in a quite industrial area approximately a 15minute walk from the central station. Working within a positive culture where you will be supported with personalised learning and experiences to ensure you can flourish as a professional and take your career wherever you want to go!
The successful quantity surveyor will be delivering Cost and Commercial Management services to high profile private public sector clients Particularly across retail and commercial sectors. For retail clients, it is all about creating consistently branded stores where customers want to shop. For corporate clients, it is about creating workplaces where people are efficient, comfortable and productive.
The team's work spans the project life cycle, through from feasibility assessment right through to store/office opening. The team also works with clients to refine the processes they use to create the business and workplaces they need ensuring smooth and collaborative working relationships.
* Provide support to Team Leaders, Service Leaders and Senior Cost Consultants in the delivery of commercial/retail led developments
* carry day-to-day delivery responsibility and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks with minimal supervision
* Assist in the coaching and development of subordinate team members
* Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
* Utilise and embed best practice tools and processes including the use of technology to support delivery
* Demonstrate the ability to take ownership of small / medium sized projects
* Comfortable managing significant components of larger Cost Management assignments
* Understand and comply with business risk and project delivery parameters including compliance in respect scopes of service agreed by others
* Capture and share knowledge
* Be involved with the development of service improvement and innovation
* Be a strong team player but demonstrate the ability to take a leadership role as part of persona development planning
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have:
* Confident to work autonomously
* Demonstrate experience in a substantial role delivery of medium to large projects £100m +
* Excellent pre and post contract technical cost and commercial management skills
* Ability to prioritise and self-manage
* Thrives in a high-pressure environment.
* An in depth knowledge of different construction processes.
* Be able to interpret a brief from a client or senior manager and convert same into a delivery plan
This is unique opportunity to work for the leading built asset global consultancy, where the projects are short, fast, and numerous. Enjoyable work for those who flourish under pressure.
* £35,000 - £55,000 basic salary (DOE)
* Private medical care
* Life assurance
* Company pension matched to 8%
* Share incentive scheme
* Holiday allowance + buy and sell option.
At Brandon James we currently have a wide range of opportunities for Quantity Surveyors at every stage of their career.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering your career options please contact Elisha Riddett at Brandon James.
UK / Milton Keynes/ Retail/ Commercial/ MRICS / Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Consultant/ Global/ QS