|Job Ref:||204660772||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:58|
Design Coordinator - National Contractor|
£40k - £50k plus package
One of our clients, a highly successful national contractor, are looking to appoint Design Coordinator to their already accomplished delivery team. The business turns over £250m+ nationally and specialises in contracts within the Industrial and Commercial sectors. This is a business that offers a full construction service to their clients. The client prides themselves on offering the highest quality construction, backed by meticulous attention to detail and genuine customer care. They're very client focussed and pride themselves on being one of the UK's most respected contractors.
The Design Coordinator Role
The position incorporates the following areas of responsibility:
* Coordinating a design team.
* Coordinating the design process using his/her commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
* Supporting, understanding and advising the client as to the requirements and his/her obligations in the development of a building design.
* Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate.
* Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
* Striving to eliminate health and safety risks during construction.
The Design Coordinator will coordinate the design process from pre-construction through to final completion, dealing with sub-contractors and on site issues as well as attending meetings and managing the progress of the project. The ability to drive the process and ensure that the project is cost and time effective will be key.
Design Coordinator Package
On offer is an excellent package and attractive benefits which you would expect from a company of this size