|Job Ref:||203182028||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:32|
Principal Landscape Architect|
The role will be based in Southampton working on a long term contract with Southampton City Council. The contract offers a full scope of works from reactive and emergency maintenance through to multimillion pound design and builds schemes.
The Company provides managed services to local authorities and associated public sector bodies. The company exists to provide focus to the challenge of supporting local public sector organisations in continuing to serve their local customers
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Looking for long term job security? ... Want to work for a well-established company with a great reputation, excellent health and safety record and a market leader within the industry?
We can offer you great career prospects, a healthy pipeline of work within the Southampton area.
• The role is responsible for contributing to the delivery of Urban Infrastructure projects requiring coordination of resources across a designated project area to ensure that area meets its objectives.
• Able to communicate design thinking and processes to a broad audience of clients, professionals and members of the public.
• Creative designer
• Demonstrate excellent design skills and project management in Landscape Architecture/Urban Design, with the ability to deliver landscape and urban design solutions to tight deadlines at a range of scales from strategic master planning to design detailing.
• Excellent communication skills both written, oral and graphically with experience in presenting projects to public forums, professional design panels and clients.
• Proven experience with Creative software packages such as Photoshop, illustrator, Sketchup, more importantly can communicate design ideas/concepts with freehand drawings and sketches.
• Contribute to the development and delivery of large urban infrastructure projects by being part of a design delivery team.
• Take a leading role in producing urban infrastructure feasibility studies and develop new opportunities by identifying future projects.
• Be able to prepare project briefs, assist in bidding process and prepare design fee proposals.
• Ensure that all contributions are fully carried out compliant with company health, safety and environmental requirements and policy
• Build relationships with the customer or client; undertake technical discussions to establish requirements of client.
• Qualified to CMLI
• Integrity: We always do what is right
• Teamwork: We are better together
• Excellence: We strive to improve and exceed expectations
• Respect: We appreciate others and care about the wider community
Qualifications and Skills:
• Qualified to degree level in Landscape Architecture or Urban Design
• Chartered preferably