|Job Ref:||204666114||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Swindon||Address:||Post Code:||DY3||Salary:||£60000 - £75000/annum Multiple Benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:54|
Are you an experienced IT Vendor Manager, looking for the next step in your career?|
Are you looking to join a multinational, award winning company?
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an IT Vendor Manager in Swindon or in Essen (Germany), who will facilitate the relationship between my client and its Vendors. The key objective will be to instil a culture that drives improved performance of suppliers and a framework through which they are able to add value and innovate whilst upholding their contractual obligations.
Critical to the success of this role is the ability to proactively engage, scope, deliver and embed the required vendor obligations. You will define strategic drivers, backed up by data and insight to challenge existing thinking in support of the overall company goals. This is a senior Vendor Management position. A successful applicant must be a highly motivated self-starter with the confidence, knowledge and experience to challenge, develop and improve existing structures, processes and methodologies. An element of the role will be to mentor junior members of the team and to provide strategic direction to the IT software licence management function
* Critically review existing contracts and processes, making them more robust and watertight and assessing the potential to consolidate if commercially advantageous.
* Accountable for all activities associated with effectively building and maintaining external third party partner/vendor/outsourcing relationships.
* Responsible for establishing and monitoring relevant Vendor Service Level Agreements against contract terms for primary vendors and business partners. ?
* Serving as the primary liaison point between legal, procurement, project leads and other key stakeholders in the contract negotiation process.
* Facilitate regular communication with key stakeholders to ensure key performance indicators are achieved and maintained, & issues/requirements are addressed at source.
* Ensuring spend is in accordance with approved budgets.
* Central point of contact for supplier related issues and escalation ensuring a high level of customer service.
IT Software | IT | IT Vendor Manager | IT Management | IT Vendor | IT Solutions | IT Support
* 4+ years of experience in Vendor Management/Procurement teams MUST BE WITHIN THE IT INDUSTRY.
* Excellent analytical Skills.
* Strong Stakeholder management experience.
* Competencies in contract and license management.
* Transnational skills.
* Proven experience in commercial management practices coupled with Procurement & Supplier Management experience.
* The ability to reference multiple examples of vendor engagement including the management of high value contracts and relationships across the IT business sector.
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
* Strategic thinking with an ability to acquire, understand and absorb information quickly.
* Knowledge of the German language (not essential).
My client is one of Europe's five leading electricity and gas companies. Around 60,000 employees supply over 16 million electricity customers and nearly eight million gas customers with energy, both reliably and at fair prices