|Job Ref:||204666097||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:54|
Position: Senior IT Support Technician|
Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time
The client is a well established organisation who are currently seeking to recruit a skilled and innovative Senior IT Support Technician for their office based in Manchester. The successful candidate will be reporting to and advising the Head of IT, being responsible for the support and maintenance of all global IT Services including but not limited to VDI, CRM, Databases, Networks and Servers. Please note that the job is based in the Manchester office, but travel to other offices (Manchester, London, Hong Kong, New York) will be minimal but required on occasion.
Major duties will involve:
* The 2nd/3rd line support of all IT infrastructure including networks, VDI environments, telephony and other services.
* You will join the IT team as a technical escalation point for the support and development team, supporting a variety of infrastructure and software issues.
* You will also get involved in varying project-based work, managing infrastructure projects to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of production systems.
Key Technical Disciplines:
* Windows Server up to 2012 R2
* Windows Client 7,8,10 & Embedded.
* Office365 / ADFS / Mimecast
* Active directory / group policy
* Networks (DNS, VLAN, MPLS, VPN)
* Cisco ASA / Firepower Services
* Cisco Meraki (Switches and Wireless)
* F5 Big IP
* SQL / SSRS / SSAS
* Cisco UCUM
* VMWare & Hyper-V
* Audio / Visual
* Excellent fault finding/troubleshooting ability
*Windows OS (Windows 7, 8 and 10, Server 2008 and 2012), Active Directory, SQL Server, Networking, VoIP, Cisco UCUM, Cisco Meraki, Cisco ASA, Anti-virus, Office 2013, Exchange and Office 365.
* Any application development or scripting experience would be advantageous
Essential experience required:
* Years' Experience: 3 years+ (ideally with exposure to desktop, server and infrastructure operations in a medium to large business)
* Qualifications: MCSE, MCITP-EA, MCTS and or other MS Certifications, VCP, relevant Cisco qualifications or experience.
* Personality metrics: A strong communicator and proactive team player (friendly, credible, articulate and proactive) that can work with an ambitious sales force.
If you have the relevant experience and skills for this role, please send your CV by clicking Apply Now