|Job Ref:||204665927||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stoke on Trent||Address:||Post Code:||ST1||Salary:||£12000 - £16000/annum £12,000 - £16,000 pa DOE||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:54|
An award winning Stoke-on-Trent based IT services business is seeking x4 1st Line Support Technicians to provide front line support for the senior technical engineers and the communications department, on a permanent basis.|
The company collaborate on pioneering technology projects that deliver business transformation to local and international brands. The employer was named UK 2015 winner of the Vonage Business Enabler award with Lloyd's Bank, and prides itself on being an innovator and employer of choice within the local community.
Reporting to the company's technical operations director, you will be the first point of call for desktop, server and telecom support, diagnosing and resolving technical issues, and escalating them to senior engineers where applicable.
As a 1st Line Support Technician you will be responsible for:
• Providing 1st and 2nd line IT support;
• Answering telephone calls to the service desk and providing technical assistance using remote support tools;
• Setting up, configuring and installing authorised software;
• Ensuring security, upgrades and antivirus installations are applied and kept up-to-date;
• Fault finding, logging faults and maintaining updates on internal systems;
• Troubleshooting Hardware and Software issues;
• Contributing to internal client information database;
• Providing ad-hoc administrative and on-site support to senior engineers.
You will be supporting:
• Windows Operating Systems (Workstation/Server)
• Microsoft Office
• Email - Outlook, Exchange and Office 365
• Installation of Business Applications
• Installation and Configuration of Printers, Scanners, Workstations and Networking Equipment
• File Permissions and File Shares
• Active Directory
The successful 1st Line Support Technician will have the following skills and experience:
• A high level of IT literacy, a well-rounded knowledge of IT infrastructure
• Well organised with excellent communication skills
• A professional, customer service approach to supporting end users
• Ability to prioritise and stay calm under pressure
• Excellent verbal and written English skills
• Computing qualification GCSE or higher would be an advantage but not essential
• Microsoft Certified Professional qualifications would be an advantage but not essential
You will be working three rotating shifts 08.00 - 16.00, 09.00 - 17.00 and 16.00 - 00.00, Monday - Friday, on the office's service desk or on-site helping the senior engineers.
In return, the 1st Line Support Technician will receive a negotiable salary of £12,000 - £16,000 per annum, depending on experience.
To apply for the job as 1st Line Support Technician click apply and send us your CV.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.