|Job Ref:||204665852||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Ipswich||Address:||Post Code:||IP4||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:54|
System Operations Engineer|
Open date - 20/09/16
Closing date - 20/10/16
Our client is a Communications and Technology consultancy, providing a range of communications and integration services to both public and private sector organisations throughout the UK. Organisations with complex needs look to them to help integrate technology solutions including contact, collaboration and cloud-based services.
Due to continued growth and investment we are seeking experienced SysOps Engineers to further enhance our client's Cloud Practice. This is a great opportunity to join this successful and high profile practice within one of their businesses' key proposition areas. You will be working on cutting edge Cloud Solutions with their large blue chip customer base, and the role provides plenty of scope for development and career progression.
Your key responsibilities within the role will be to:
The System Operations role provides design, implementation and support services for internal infrastructure and customer deployed solutions. Responsibilities include:
* Design, installation, configuration, testing, operation, and maintenance of cloud based systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
* System and network monitoring and tuning
* Fault fixing (problem investigation, diagnosis and resolution)
* Research and development to enable continued innovation of the infrastructure
What you will bring:
* A strong background in System Administration experience
* Hardware and software installation and troubleshooting, fault diagnosis, performance tuning
* Experience working with multi-tiered, load-balanced, redundant infrastructure architectures
* Installation, configuration and administrative knowledge of Windows operating systems - including Active Directory, DHCP, and DNS.
* Installation, configuration and administrative knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems
* Hands-on practical experience with various infrastructure technologies such as:
* Virtualization (ESXi, ESX, Hyper-V or KVM)
* Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, reverse proxies, routing, switching etc.)
* SAN and storage (RAID configuration, caching etc.)
* Security (firewall configuration, IPS/IDS etc.)
* Support/administration - monitoring, release management, deployment & automation
* Practical scripting experience:
* Shell scripting in Linux/Unix
* DOS batch scripts or Windows PowerShell
* Experience developing system standards, installation and configuration procedures etc.
Our client understands that its people are its most valuable asset, so they go to great lengths to look after them both personally and professionally.
* Holiday 25 days per year (option to buy additional holiday days)
* Pension Scheme Contributory Pension Scheme
* Healthcare Family friendly policies covering career breaks, paid maternity, adoption, paternity leave and paid time out for fostering and fertility treatment
* Training As a market leader within Cloud Computing, our clients work closely with vendors such as Microsoft and Amazon, to ensure that all its staff have the relevant professional qualifications to ensure they are subject matter experts
* Progression There is a culture of internal promotion first and a clear competency framework in place that makes it easy for employees to see development opportunities across the business
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us