|Job Ref:||204665832||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum company benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:54|
Project Planner |
£35,000 - £40,000 + company benefits
We are currently recruiting for one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK with a long standing history dating back almost 900 years. My client is a leading provider of healthcare infrastructure design, build and maintenance with a focus of providing innovative efficiency improvements within the trust. The organisation provides an ethical approach with a focus on making a huge difference within the NHS. They combine exceptionally high standards and public sector values with commercial focus, innovative thinking and modern technology to create the best possible patient experience. The technology arm to the business provides a broad range of IT services to the trust covering desktop, email, clinical/administrative systems, network, mobility, telephony and IT training with an aim of making digital healthcare a reality.
This role requires strong business and financial management skills. The PMO Analyst/Project Planner will work within the team in co-ordinating and executing the activities and objectives of the Portfolio Management Office, assisting with the definition and deployment of project delivery methodology and program management practices, helping to ensure consistent compliance with usage standards and acting as the communications link between IT / business projects and senior / board level management. The successful candidate will also be required to provide assistance directly to the Project Managers in terms of day to day delivery management and it will be the guardian of the IT portfolio management processes, particularly the project planning aspect and will interface with all areas of the business to ensure an effective PMO is in operation within the IT department.
* To own, create, manage and maintain the Portfolio Master Plan for all projects/ programmes which will include identifying and managing dependencies and assumptions across projects and programmes and the portfolio.
* Provide a strategic overview of all programmes
* Provide a source of planning expertise to programmes and projects across the Portfolio, drawing from lessons learned. Guiding and supporting project managers on producing project plans.
* Collating weekly and monthly data for the production of management dashboards, board reports, project and programme progress reports and reporting on all IT KPIs
* Project planning and support to larger projects
* Support to senior managers maintaining and developing strategic and governance documents
* Proven planning experience and be confident managing a large volume of projects
* Confident with MS Project and be advanced level on Excel
* Strong communication skills and be able to work with a wide range of people on a daily basis
* Be able to manage your own workload and have the ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment
For this role it is ideal if you have experience of following Prince2 methodology/working in a Prince2 environment.
This is a fantastic, rewarding opportunity to join an innovative technology services provider making a difference within the NHS. Please apply now for immediate consideration