|Job Ref:||204665401||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:54|
My client develops and manufactures microscopes and scientific instruments for the analysis of microstructures and nanostructures. Ever since the company started as a family business in the nineteenth century, its instruments have been widely recognized for their optical precision and innovative technology.
It is one of the market leaders in compound and stereo microscopy, digital microscopy, confocal laser scanning microscopy with related imaging systems, electron microscopy sample preparation, and surgical microscopes.
My clients Cambridge branch are looking to employee a bright and talented Web Application Developer to work in a small team on a bespoke web application project. This position is an exciting opportunity for personal growth and development working in a modern cloud based technology stack using agile NA will be working within the applications team that is part of a larger department who's remit is to deliver excellence across all IT solutions within the business.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working on own initiative against a loose specification; is willing to take responsibility for their part of a solution and able to engage with stakeholders to refine requirements. The candidate must demonstrate a passion for building high quality, testable and maintainable software with a focus on excellent usability. This junior position will be closely mentored by the team but the candidate must be: happy working outside their comfort zone, have initiative to solve their own problems and, be able to facilitate their own learning.
As part of the team, this position will initially focus on the systems analysis and development, Pricing and Quotation (CPQ) application used by our Sales Team to generate accurate quotations across our product portfolio.
This role demands flexibility of working, including occasional weekends and possible global travel.
Skills and Experience:
* You will hold either a minimum 2:1 degree level qualification in Computer Science or an equivalent or alternatively working experience obtained through JAVA development environment.
* Some experience in a major software development project, preferably in a commercial setting, or an open source contribution or significant undergraduate team project.
* Knowledge of Java server side programming (Servlets, Databases, Data structures, Concurrency, Object Oriented Design).
* Knowledge of relational databases.
* Fluent English language (written and spoken)
* Eclipse IDE, Hibernate ORM
* Spring MVC
* Bootstrap CSS framework
* Unit testing web applications
* Apache Tomcat
* Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Working within a S/W Lean/agile development environment and methodology
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Hours: Full Time
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Aspire Cambridge Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent Vacancy