|Job Ref:||204665220||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£60000 - £80000/annum Bonus||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:54|
AWS Architect |
Start date - 20/09/16
Closing date -20/10/16
Our client is a Communications and Technology consultancy, providing a range of communications and integration services to both public and private sector organisations throughout the UK. Organisations with complex needs look to them to help integrate technology solutions including contact, collaboration and cloud-based services.
Due to continued growth and investment we are seeking an experienced AWS Architect to further enhance our client's Cloud Practice. This is a great opportunity to join this successful and high profile practice within one of their businesses' key proposition areas. You will be working on cutting edge Cloud Solutions with their large blue chip customer base, and the role provides plenty of scope for development and career progression.
AWS Architects are infrastructure-focused (IAAS) Solution Architects with a broad set of skills across both application and infrastructure technologies.
Your key responsibilities within the role will be to:
* Lead the design and implementation of AWS solutions
* Lead client-facing technical activities to ensure required business value is delivered
* Provide technical oversight, review and quality control of AWS artefacts throughout the project
* Oversee the transition of projects from Delivery into the Service Management function
* Contribute to the development of AWS standards, best practices and organisational capability
* Act as an escalation point for AWS technical issues and decisions
What you'll bring:
* Broad project lifecycle experience with a substantial number of years of Solution or Infrastructure Architecture
* Experience producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise environment
* Knowledge across a broad range of application and infrastructure technologies including:
* Web technologies (web services, XML, JSON etc.)
* Database technologies (basic SQL, data backup/restoration, replication, NoSQL etc.)
* Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, reverse proxies, routing etc.)
* Enterprise security (firewall configuration, IPS/IDS, encryption etc.)
* SAN and storage (RAID configuration, caching etc.)
* Understanding of common application design patterns, technologies and trade-offs
* Installation, configuration and hands-on system administration skills for both Windows and Linux
* Expert knowledge of AWS platform features and capabilities
* Familiarity with a process driven working environment
* A willingness to be flexible in terms of location, hours and types of work undertaken
Our client understands that its people are its most valuable asset, so they go to great lengths to look after them both personally and professionally.
* Holiday 25 days per year (option to buy additional holiday days)
* Pension Scheme Contributory Pension Scheme
* Healthcare Family friendly policies covering career breaks, paid maternity, adoption, paternity leave and paid time out for fostering and fertility treatment
* Training As a market leader within Cloud Computing, our clients work closely with vendors such as Microsoft and Amazon, to ensure that all its staff have the relevant professional qualifications to ensure they are subject matter experts
* Progression There is a culture of internal promotion first and a clear competency framework in place that makes it easy for employees to see development opportunities across the business
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us