|Job Ref:||204664930||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£70000 - £75000/annum £75,000||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:55|
Homebased- linked to Gloucester, Hook, Birmingham|
The IT Shared Service (ITSS) business is responsible for consulting on, designing, planning, delivering and managing technology across the organisation on a worldwide basis.
Due to a consistent increase in ITSS business, we are looking to add to a long standing and stable team by recruiting an additional Senior Technical Architect.
We are seeking an experienced infrastructure professional specialising in Microsoft Cloud platforms such as Windows Azure/SharePoint Online and Office 365 to produce architectural designs and direct the deployment of new services into these Microsoft cloud services.
Senior Technical Architect
You will be expected to:
• Produce the necessary architecture specification ensuring that the respective components support the overall solution architecture needs/business requirements, and is both affordable and supportable
• You will be accountable for the infrastructure integrity within an IT solution context, whilst managing design dependencies and impacts of change.
• You will assist the Solution Architect to ensure the infrastructure components are aligned to the target operational and architectural models.
• You will lead the cloud architecture and design on medium and large sized programmes, projects or bids, ensuring that the network infrastructure components support the overall solution architecture needs/business requirements, and is both affordable and supportable.
• You will analyse and explain the risks involved in adopting certain technology solutions
• Will produce or tailor standard designs to meet client needs whilst maintaining recognised industry and/or company standards.
• Will be able to raise and resolve issues with suppliers, designers and implementers
• Will be able to contribute significantly to more complex solutions and may lead implementation or components within the design.
• In order to be successful in the role you will have an advancing knowledge in the field of cloud infrastructure architecture, with extensive experience of working in Office 365 and Azure architecture.
Senior Technical Architect
You will have experience and knowledge of the following:
• Office 365 (SharePoint Online) covering design, content migration and configuration
• SharePoint On-Premise covering design, content migration and configuration
• Windows Azure covering architecture and management
• SQL Azure - design, management and configuration
• Will have defined and owned components of cloud infrastructure solutions and will have taken responsibility for high-level design work within major projects
• Individual must have had previous career experience of low-level design in infrastructure and cloud
• Can demonstrate an ability to assess risk and negotiate on issues such as cost, quality and timescales.
• The ability to analyse the customer`s technical requirements and able to design solutions aligning [where possible] to strategic intent/direction.
• You will have architected a number of different components or small solutions for customers or business partners seeing it through to implementation.
• You will have worked as a technical lead or be involved in multiple projects or part of a wider programme at the same time and will input into the project planning.
• Recognised architectural certification i.e., TOGAF 8/9, BCS Certificate in Enterprise & Solution Architecture etc.
• Recognised certification in an enterprise architectural modelling language (ArchiMate)
• Possess industry recognised architectural certifications in their respective areas of domain expertise i.e. Microsoft Azure, O365 etc.
In return, as well as offering a competitive salary, we will help you achieve your goals by continuous professional development via the companys architecture academy and regular career progression sessions