|Job Ref:||204664654||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£30000 - £50000/annum 28 days holiday||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:55|
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a "Top Tech Start-Up" providing predictive analytics software into some of the biggest names in retail.|
You will maintain and improve the data warehouse and ensure that data obtained from various data sources are appropriately captured, cleaned, and utilised. As a member of a small team you could also get the opportunity to be involved in Data Science projects, though this is not a prerequisite of the role. You will have significant influence on the future of the technologies used by the team which is central to the company's growth strategy.
Skills & Requirements
* Solid experience in SQL and Hive and/or Spark
* Exposure to a mix of scripting languages (e.g. Python / Scala / Java) for data manipulation.
* Exposure to Amazon Redshift and Amazon EMR is highly preferred
* Understanding of data architectures
* Understanding of statistics and ability to implement statistical functions
* Experience with retail e-commerce data and systems a distinct advantage
* Project management software (i.e. JIRA and Confluence) - candidate will need to quickly become a fluent user if not already familiar
* Good starting salary
* 28 days holiday
* Joining an award winning company
* Working with a passionate, influential team
This is an opportunity for hands-on product creation in a fast growing, high impact start-up
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation