|Job Ref:||204664625||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||LU2 9LY||Address:||Salary:||£28000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:55|
IT Systems Engineer- Luton- 6 Month Contract- (likely to extend) - £28,000 - £32,000 pro rata. |
We are looking for a second line IT Systems Engineer/ Server Engineer with proficiency in troubleshooting common server operating systems, database and application issues. This individual will be responsible for monitoring, tuning and performing maintenance on a range of services.
You will be based onsite at a busy Head Office within the Air Travel Industry based in Luton. You will form part of the onsite ESP Global Services IT Support Team.
What will the role involve?
- Responsible for the day-to-day 2nd line operational management of business applications, database and middleware platforms.
- Assure Service availability, capacity and performance through managing and maintaining optimum and rigorous technical controls and delivery of continuous service improvement.
- Resolving incidents and problems within SLA, escalated from the Service Desk and the IT Operations Centre.
- Completing Major Incident corrective actions and creating Service Improvement Plans. Conducting Root Cause Analysis and resolving Problem `tickets`.
- Responsible for the on-going maintenance for the operational guidelines for routine tasks of IT operation (standard operating procedures)
- Responsible for ensuring the documentation of services, systems and processes are kept relevant and current. Creating and updating Knowledge base articles, support and training documentation.
- Maintain operational security of Integration Services in accordance with current IT Security standards and policies.
- Responsible for maintaining IT disaster recovery plans and services in accordance with current business and IT policies and standards, and having the knowledge and understanding to invoke disaster recovery as and when required.
Working hours: 9:00- 5:30pm- Monday - Friday.
After training (c.3 months) you shall join the `On Call` Rotas. You will be `On Call` 1 week in 4. You will be remunerated for `On Call` and any work that you may carry out during this time. The majority of calls may be dealt with at the comfort of your own home.
Skills and experience could include:
- Windows Server (Apply online only)
- Powershell or VB Script
- Incident & Problem Management
- Microsoft System Centre family
- IaaS or PaaS
- ITIL Foundation
About ESP Global Services:
ESP is trusted by global organisations to deliver tailored IT support and infrastructure solutions around the world, 24/7. We have added value to our customers for over 20 years by listening to their needs and proactively delivering the service they want, wherever in the world that might be. We are head-quartered in Reading, with staff in most of the major UK airports and regional Service Delivery hubs in Hong Kong, Trinidad and Mexico. Our customers include many household brand names such as easyJet, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic. We are looking for vibrant, enthusiastic individuals with a can do attitude who can join our team. ESP offers a dynamic environment, a strong sense of fun and a commitment to career progression from within, all of which help us to deliver our outstanding services to our global clients.
Interested? Please apply today for a quick response