|Job Ref:||204663456||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£38000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:55|
Database Developer - Leeds.|
StepChange Debt Charity is seeking a Database Developer to join our IT Department in Leeds City Centre. The successful Developer will receive a salary of Circa £38,000 per annum plus benefits.
As a charity we are focused on doing the right thing for our clients, colleagues and society as a whole, whilst maintaining a commercial drive to deliver on our commitments. We embrace the opportunities and risks of championing new exciting technologies by having the courage to fail, ensuring we learn quickly and positively from our mistakes.
Our passionate, driven and committed IT teams are all co-located in the centre of Leeds, ensuring an open, honest and supportive atmosphere through face to face interaction. We are keen to invest in the continuous development of our IT professionals as well as ensuring a true work-life balance can be achieved by all, through flexibility, in our fun and sociable environment.
That's why we're looking for a Database Developer to design, create and maintain our databases. You'll be responsible for ensuring the output is of a high quality and meets the requirements of the charity in a department that is moving from development in legacy architecture to service oriented architecture.
Your responsibilities as our Database Developer will include:
- Supporting development teams in database design, to ensure good database practice and principles are incorporated into new developments and changes
- Design and develop SQL Server databases and SQL Server architecture, to ensure databases are available, maintainable and scalable, and deliver acceptable performance.
- Ensuring that database development progress is well communicated to key stakeholders.
- Working with key colleagues to ensure quality and timely delivery of projects
- To maintain knowledge of new technology, toolsets, trends, and architecture; identifying potential benefits to the charity.
- Working closely with others to promote unity in database development across the whole Development function
To become our Database Developer you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Proven database development experience within a software development team
- Knowledge of database development and support is essential
- Methodical and organised with a strong technical ability
- Possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels.
- Experience of agile practices and project delivery would be desirable
In return we will offer a competitive salary, as well as a range of excellent benefits including 24 days holiday (rising with each year of service to 29), option to buy further holidays, pension scheme, Cash healthcare scheme and a variety of discounted products.
To become our Database Developer, please click 'apply' today.
StepChange Debt Charity is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we place great importance and value in the training and development of all our colleagues