|Job Ref:||204666834||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rochester||Address:||Post Code:||NE19||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:57|
My client is seeking a 3rd Line Technical Systems Engineer who is familiar with Windows Sever Administration. The chosen engineer will become a strategic and technical position within the organisation. |
The position is responsible for managing the integrity of our customer's networks and documenting the results. Therefore technical, analytical, and writing skills are critical.
Responsibilities include running network diagnostic tools, comparative analysis, and customer communication, compiling information, repairing hardware and software, and deploying new systems.
You will be required to have an excellent knowledge of all aspects of servers, networks, system design and implementation. You will need to have the ability to hit the ground running and work with minimum supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications such as Windows Server, Small Business Server, Exchange, SQL, Terminal Services, and SharePoint.
* Support for Disaster Recovery strategies including tape backup and automated offsite backups
* Design, Implementation, & Support services for Servers, Storage solutions, Virtualization solutions ,Workstations, and mobile devices
* Technical services at the network level (i.e., network connectivity, routers, firewalls, switches, security)
* Remote access solution implementation and support (i.e., VPN, Terminal Services, & Citrix)
* Troubleshooting and issue resolution
* Systems review and documentation
* Virtualization Technologies - VmWare, Hyper-V
* Provide internal training for other engineers
* Defining and documenting standards for service desk technical service procedures
* The ability to manage problems to their resolution
* To be the final tier of escalation (the buck stops with you!)
* A methodical and structured approach to problem solving
* Minimum five years of IT experience (2 years in a 3rd line role)
* Bachelor's Degree or two additional years of work experience
* A strong understanding of relevant technologies, solutions, troubleshooting, & support
* Writing and presentation skills are critical
* Experience with a wide range of Networking Technology
* Microsoft MCSA, MCITP, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, VMWare VCP, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+
Please respond to this advert with an up to date version of your CV and the leading consultant will be in touch.
Huntress Group does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Group acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK