|Job Ref:||204662678||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Company Benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:57|
Huntswood's success relies on its computing facilities being available, effective and efficient during its core hours. |
The DBA is responsible for the effective and efficient operation & management of Huntswood's databases; This Involves monitoring scheduled maintenance tasks, performance tuning as well as effectively responding to daily requests.
* Day-to-day responsibility for the maintenance of Huntswood's databases and managing third party organisations that could deliver some of the work.
* Day-to-day monitoring of database usage and growth.
* Produce regular MI and reports on database use, growth and status.
* Produce professional and efficient SQL code and reports as requested by the business.
* Database design and build where necessary as part of a project team, dealing with all levels of the business.
* Troubleshooting issues and problems with the database servers to the successful identification; implementing well thought-out corrective and preventive actions.
* Ensure that identified issues and problems are descriptively logged and kept up to date on Huntswood's call logging system.
* Ensure Huntswood's computing facilities are kept secure to reduce the risk of breaches of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
* Support solution design from a data and database perspective.
* Gain agreement for and deliver data integrity, data security and data loss prevention solutions
* Participate proactively and broadly in the Technology roadmap and client requirements from a data perspective
* Experience with MS SQL Server (2000/2005/2008/2012/2014) and upgrading live databases
* Experience using TSQL, SSIS & SSRS
* Experience Implementing & Supporting High Availability/ DR, Database Encryption
* Experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems
* Experience in performance tuning and optimisation from database and OS point of view
* Experience in Corporate BI (Tabular BI semantic model, advanced analytics and reporting, in-memory analytics engine, advanced data mining)
* Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
* Experience with source control systems e.g. TFS
* Knowledge of Windows server and Active Directory
* Provides technical assistance and mentoring to staff in all aspects of database management.
* Ability to speak confidently with senior stakeholders, as well as talk "techy" with DevOps teams.
* Performs DB support activities in partnership with internal and external service providers.
* Willingness and ability to become Microsoft SQL Server Certified (MCSA)
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
Desirable knowledge / skills
* Aptean Respond experience
* Epicor ERP experience
* SQL Server Analysis Services
* High Availability database solutions other than SQL Server
* Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience
* Microsoft SharePoint experience
* Microsoft Cloud (Azure, Office 365) experience
* Cherwell experience
* ETL Processes experience
* An active MCSA Microsoft SQL Server Certification
* Tableau Business Inelegance (BI) or equivalent dash boarding software experience
* Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Windows Server 2008/2012
* Knowledge of VMWare ESX Server
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."
Interested? Apply now