|Job Ref:||204661718||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£25000 - £32000/annum Bens||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:58|
We are looking to hire an ambitious and very bright Graduate Software Engineer who has a passion for applications type software development. You will be recruited as a Graduate Software Developer and be involved in the development of both Develop PC desktop (Windows / Linux) and web based software ( C# JAVA ) across the full product life-cycle. The Graduate Software Developer will join an exceptionally gifted software development team working on wide variety of brand new, cutting edge technology development projects, expanding your knowledge of C# and JAVA across a multitude of platforms.|
This is an exceptional career opportunity for an exceptional graduate. The standards are high -you'll need to be a top academic achiever with straight A/B grades at A-Level and at least a 2.1 in your finals. However, if you are looking for an environment which will see you develop an enviable software development skill set then you simply won't find a better start to your career. You'll be working right at the pinnacle of sophisticated web based and software application development. You will be part of a team creating solutions for a multitude of technologies which are reshaping industries such as Medical Devices, Consumer Electronics, E-Commerce, Health and Pharmaceutical, industrial automation, robotics.
This is not a run of the mill graduate software developer job. You will be involved in fast moving projects where you will see new products go from concept to delivery in double quick time. The R&D department is state of the art and houses some of the world's top development Engineers so you'll have some serious experts work with and be mentored by!
Graduate Software Developer Essential Skills
* Proven academic excellence, eg A grade A Levels and 1st /2.1 degree (BSc BEng MEng etc)from a top university with heavy software development content or equivalent.
* Software development experience (maybe a university placement or hobby?) with C#, Java or Web Development Technologies
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Experience in embedded programming will be a benefit. Appreciation of electronics engineering would be a plus but is definitely not a mandatory requirement.
* User interface design using WPF beneficial
* Good grasp of relational or non-relational databases beneficial
* Linux, Windows API, MFC and .NET framework beneficial
* Working knowledge of UML (Unified Modelling Language) beneficial
* Development of software to IEC 62304:2005 / BS EN 62304:2006 beneficial
* Working knowledge of Microchip PIC/dsPIC and ARM core based microcontrollers beneficial
Job title: Graduate Software Developer ( or Graduate Software Engineer )
Vacancy Location: Cambridge ( Commutable from Cambridge, Royston, Bury St Edmunds, Bedford, North London, Harlow, Stevenage, etc)
Salary: £25k - £32k + excellent Benefits