|Job Ref:||204661717||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Bens||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:58|
We are looking to hire a bright and ambitious Software Engineer with a passion for product development. As Software Engineer / Software Developer you will be involved in the development of both PC desktop (Windows/Linux) and web based software (C#, JAVA ) across the full product life-cycle for a wide array of cutting edge products. This is the perfect role for a Software Engineer / Software Developer who enjoys the challenge of working in a multi-disciplined team, developing brand new, complex web based software solutions for a multitude of technologies reshaping industries such as Medical Devices, Consumer Electronics, Automation and Robotics. This is not a run of the mill software developer job where you are just adding bells and whistles to someone else's design or re-inventing the same old wheel! You will be involved in fast moving projects where you will see new products go from concept to delivery in double quick time. Boredom will never be an issue!|
Software Developer Essential Skills
* 1st or a 2.1 degree (BEng, MEng, BSc, etc) with significant software engineering content such as Computer Science, Computing, Software Engineering -or maybe Electronics, Maths etc
* Professional development experience with C#, Java or Web Development Technologies
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* A good mixture of design, implementation and test capabilities.
* Experience in embedded programming will be a benefit. An appreciation of electronics design is a plus but certainly not essential .
* User interface design using WPF beneficial
* Good grasp of relational or non-relational databases beneficial
* Linux, Windows API, MFC and .NET framework beneficial
* Working knowledge of UML (Unified Modelling Language) beneficial
* Development of software to IEC 62304:2005 / BS EN 62304:2006 beneficial
* Working knowledge of Microchip PIC/dsPIC and ARM core based microcontrollers beneficial
Vacancy Location: Cambridge ( Commutable from Cambridge, Royston, Bury St Edmunds, Bedford, North London, Harlow, Stevenage, etc)
Salary: £30k - £40k (maybe more for the right person) + excellent benefits