|Job Ref:||204665643||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£65000 - £70000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:58|
Senior Projects Manager - Job Purpose:|
The Senior Projects Manager is responsible for the operational and strategic planning of the Projects Department, providing leadership to all of the Project Managers within the department and support to the Senior Management Team (SMT) to ensure that client's requirements are met, programmes are achieved and a positive cash flow is maintained.
You will assist in budget preparation with the SMT and ensure the department runs smoothly, efficiently and profitably.
You will regularly communicate to the SMT the departmental performance and operational exposure in order to achieve agreed forecast targets.
Senior Projects Manager - Key Responsibilities:
• Support the SMT to realise the Company objectives.
• Report to the SMT on matters in relation to the performance of the Projects Department.
• Manage the department's strategic direction.
• Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance.
• Make key departmental decisions quickly and effectively to maintain the smooth operation of the business.
• Review new tendering opportunities prior to acceptance.
• Review all completed tenders with the estimating team prior to submission.
• Manage resources and oversee finances to ensure that the projects covered by the department are delivered on time and on budget and remain profitable.
• Be aware of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its market position.
• Manage the recruitment and development of all staff, providing direction and guidance when required.
• Maintain good communication with all staff members and communicate proposals and changes to operational procedures.
• Ensure any HR issues that may arise are dealt with in accordance with the staff handbook.
Senior Projects Manager - Health and Safety:
• In conjunction with the Board, ensure current health and safety regulations are incorporated into the Company's procedures, policies and systems.
• Be aware of all applicable health and safety responsibilities listed in the company's Health and Safety Policy.
Senior Projects Manager - Special Requirements:
• Availability for occasional out of hours' work.
Senior Projects Manager - Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years' experience within the industry at a similar level or proven ability.
• Experience in Mechanical Building Services.
Senior Projects Manager - Person Specification:
• You will need to be motivated, organized and have excellent communication skills.
• Proven people management and leader skills.
• Senior Management experience in building services at a similar level.
• Excellent customer service skills with ability to proactively resolve issues.
• Good strategic skills and ability to improve processes and efficiency.
• Ability to coach and develop others.
• Meticulous with a good work ethic and attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational, time management skills and self-motivated.
• Ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
• Ability to use own initiative.
Salary: £65K to £70K + Benefits
Please apply online for the Senior Projects Manager role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for the Senior Projects Manager role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable