|Job Ref:||204665290||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||East Midlands||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:58|
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE|
To create, implement and maintain both quality and health and safety systems to ensure that the company is compliant with all H&S legislation and is world class in relation to quality and continuous improvement activity.
Health and Safety & Environment:
* Ensuring that all H&S and Environmental policies and procedures are compliant and are kept up-to-date with legislative changes.
* Advising senior managers on legislative changes as they arise in a timely manner, ensuring that actions are put in place to eliminate all possible risks.
* Develop and maintain H&S and Environmental manuals, handbooks and procedures and documentation as required.
* Ensuring that the workplace satisfies H&S safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitation, washing and rest facilities.
* Management of all procedures for the adequate control of, exposure to hazardous substances, including but not limited to: flammable, explosive, electrical, noise, radiation and manual handling risks.
* Ensure that safe methods of work are in place for all plant and machinery to include the safe movement, storage and use of articles and substances on site.
* Develop and ensure compliance with the Company's Health and Safety Policy
* Other duties as deemed appropriate to this element of the role
Quality & Continuous Improvement:
* Create, maintain and improve the company Quality Management System.
* Establish programmes, policies and procedures to evaluate precision, accuracy and capability of processes, products, production equipment and testing, measurement and facilities ISO quality system requirements.
* Schedule and perform audit activities to include: pre-audit planning, audit execution and evaluation and post-audit follow-up together with recommendations. Process should include non-conformance reports (NCRs) and opportunities for improvement in line with ISO 9001:2008 requirements and agree robust corrective actions.
* Quality certification (ideally an Engineering degree) and NEBOSH cert
* Ability to develop and deliver training
* Flexible approach to work
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to influence and change thinking
* Strong organisational skills
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to conceptualise, plan and deliver projects
* Strong reasoning skills for problem identification and resolution
* Ability to apply quality control theories and principles to an operational environment
* Computer literate
* Report writing skills
* Several years experience in a similar role (ideally in a sheet metal environment)
* Excellent knowledge of H&S legislation
* Excellent knowledge of various Quality and Environmental Standards
* Engineering background
* Knowledge and ability to understand and apply process audit principles (ISO).
* Experience in quality control programme operations, to include standards and measurement techniques.
* Auditing experience
The Company is a family owned business. Its products are used by a wide variety of business types ranging from FTSE100 companies to design agencies and SMEs. All benefit from an efficient, friendly, top quality service. They are based in large, modern facilities in north Leicestershire, easily accessible by road or rail. There is ample on-site parking and a staff canteen. is focused and flexible