|Job Ref:||204665118||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lincolnshire||City:||Lincolnshire||Address:||Post Code:||LN13||Salary:||£28000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:59|
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join our client! |
Based in Lincolnshire
Shift: 7am - 4:30pm with alternate weekends, either Saturday or Sunday
Salary of £28,000
Our client is a major source of fresh fruits, salads and vegetables from over 80 countries and supplies the UK's major multiple retailers. An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to become part of a large distribution company, working as a Maintenance Engineer.
About the Maintenance Engineer
The overall purpose of this role is to support the engineering function on site, to look after plant and the building fabric and assist the production staff in order to help ensure that production lines continue to function.
* Receive requests for assistance and discuss these with the Growing Manager in order to identify the nature of the problem and potential solution.
* To carry out planned maintenance on various machinery on site
* Strip machines in order to identify faults, assessing the amount of time required to make the repair.
* Acquire appropriate parts for the store or ensure these are ordered so that repairs can be completed as soon as possible. Replace parts where necessary and assemble machines within agreed timescales and to the manufacturer's standard.
* Test repairs as appropriate or ensure that operators do so in order to confirm that the machines concerned are working correctly following repair.
* Participate in the installation of new equipment or movement of existing equipment as required.
* Input details of all work done onto relevant manual system so that machine reliability and maintenance costs can be accurately measured.
* Monitor and control maintenance costs
To be the successful Maintenance Engineer, you will possess Engineering/Maintenance experience with a knowledge of motors.
You will be able to work towards deadlines and have effective time management skills. You will be a good problem solver and possess excellent communication skills.
Additionally, you will be able to prioritise and have a degree of flexibility when it comes to shifts.
A HNC in Mechanical or Electrical engineering is preferable.
Experience of working within the fresh produce industry would be advantageous.
Due to the location, you will need to have your own mode of transport.
Our client is looking for someone who is ambitious and looking to create a career for themselves.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience and are looking for a company where you can really establish yourself, please apply today!
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment & HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 15 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation. We see each applicant as an individual and will treat you accordingly.
We would love to talk to you to give you more information about our client and discuss the role.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on (Apply online only) for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion