|Job Ref:||204665066||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Melton Mowbray||Address:||Post Code:||LE13||Salary:||£21000/annum starting from £21,000||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:59|
Mars is a family owned company with worldwide annual sales of over $33 billion. Our business is split into six different segments; Mars Petcare, Chocolate, Food, Drinks, Gum and Confections and Symbioscience. Since 1932 Mars has been producing much loved brands in the UK including PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, MARS®, GALAXY®, MALTESERS®, EXTRA®, UNCLE BEN'S® and FLAVIA®.|
At Mars Petcare our core purpose is to make a better world for pets and our manufacturing facility in Melton Mowbray plays an integral part in realising this. Having opened in 1951, our Melton factory has a rich heritage and bright future, producing some of the nation's favourite cat and dog products like Pedigree can and Whiskas pouch.
The role of a Production Operator is to operate, monitor and control machinery to optimise efficiency, product quality and safety. Whilst we have a full complement of Technicians on-shift to deal with mechanical breakdown, we trust our Production Operators to have the drive and determination to keep the lines running, to problem solve and to be able to take ownership of your section. This is a key role, contributing to the production of over 180,000 tonnes of product annually. Other key responsibilities include;
• Carry out first line maintenance activities on plant machinery.
• Ensure comprehensive records and logs are maintained and effective shift handovers are carried out.
• You will be the first to machine breakdowns and will need to have strong problem solving skills in order to fault-find and repair.
• Regular quality checks to ensure we are producing first class products.
• Challenge the norm to identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency in production, cost or time.
• Contribute, support and improve team performance by working collaboratively, sharing knowledge and best practices.
• Ownership of your own safety and the safety of those around you.
• Ownership of high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in your area.
• Willing to work 8 and 12 hour shifts that include a mixture of days, nights and weekends.
It would be great if you had experience in a fast-moving production environment or experience in a role that requires mechanical skills. However, the ability to work effectively in a team and identify and solve problems is really what we are looking for as we can train you in the mechanical aspects of the role. Therefore we will consider a variety of background; perhaps you are a mechanic, engineer, plumber or electrician looking for a career change. You will however need to have GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English at grade C or above.
We offer a starting salary from £21,000 (this includes shift premium) + excellent benefits including annual bonuses, pension, life assurance, health insurance and a strong commitment to personal development.
For more information about what it is like to work at Mars and to apply, please click the button below