|Job Ref:||204664782||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Warwick||Address:||Post Code:||CV34||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:59|
One of the UK's most secure, valuable and successful businesses is looking to strengthen its substantial procurement function with the hire of a proven procurement professional into the role of Senior Buyer Gas Transmission.|
The successful Senior Buyer Gas Transmission will be joining an industry leading business that actually saw its share price hit an all time high in the wake of the EU referendum, showcasing its stability and how it is widely regarded as a safe-haven for investment in times of uncertainty. Their business operations impact the lives of millions of people each and every day and they ultimately put people, be it their customers or employees, at the heart of everything they do. Boasting sleek, modern, state of the art facilities they offer a supportive working environment that few can better, including a free to use on-site gym, on-site dentist, various cafés and multiple wellness stations including a free fruit cart! The business firmly believes in, and promotes, the development and progression of its people, and Senior Buyers are expected to be ready for promotion within 12-18 months of joining, offering genuine long term career opportunities. They also offer the opportunity to move between categories to widen your exposure and keep things fresh and interesting!
As Senior Buyer Gas Transmission you will take responsibility for the category management of, and the running of a range of strategic sourcing events relating to, a portfolio of goods and services associated with the ongoing management of a network of gas compression stations, engaging cross functionally with key business stakeholders to build strong working relationships and help shape, influence and support the development of the overall Gas Transmission category strategy. You will manage multiple contracts to ensure the successful delivery of contracted activities and identify continuous improvement opportunities through engagement with suppliers and stakeholders and maximising value for money from contracts awarded. You will ultimately be given total ownership of key area's of the group's Gas Compression Station management category, from requirements definition and strategy development to final award and closure of sourcing projects. Spend accountability will be circa £25m and you will be joining a team of 6 focusing on total spend of circa £150m in this critical business area. You will engage in supplier relationship management activities to ensure you are driving value add benefit from existing contracts.
To be considered for the Senior Buyer Gas Transmission role you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Proven strategic sourcing / procurement experience ideally honed within a large, complex, structured procurement function, ideally focusing on engineering / manufacturing maintenance related spend covering goods and services.
* A background with a large, complex, high pressure corporate business is the ideal
* Experience of working in a high performing team
* Ability to define and deliver a full category strategy
* Demonstrable experience of delivering cost savings, efficiency improvements and added value, as well as establishing best in class commercial arrangements
* Excellent stakeholder engagement and influencing skills both at peer and senior management level - managing procurement face to face rather than from behind a desk!
* Proven ability to prepare and lead negotiations
* Recent experience of running full tender processes
* Strong experience of using analytical tools and techniques
* Exposure to OJEU / regulated environments would be advantageous but is not essential, as would experience of utility contract regulations.
* MCIPS qualified / working toward / willing to work towards
* The drive, ambition and capacity to be ready for promotion within 12-18 months
In return, the successful Senior Buyer Gas Transmission will receive a highly competitive remuneration package that includes:
* Base salary of circa £39-46k
* Personal performance bonus scheme
* Doubled pension contributions up to 6% (you put in 6%, Company puts in 12%)
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Share save scheme
* Access to flexible benefits including healthcare, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car
* Study support
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including 3PL, construction, retail, service sector, automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website (url removed) for further information about our services and to view all of our roles
To apply for this Senior Buyer Gas Transmission position, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application