|Job Ref:||204664678||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:59|
Senior Stress engineer - Coventry - Upto 60k.|
Alexander Daniels engineering are currently working with a Coventry based manufacturer who are offering a very exciting opportunity to join the growing company as a Senior Stress engineer. The role will be working closely with R&D and production teams within the business. Our client is on the verge of moving to new premises, which offer state of the art facilities. The position would suit someone from an Automotive back ground or high volume manufacturing.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To provide specific in-depth technical expertise for design projects, with responsibility for the planning and deployment for the lifing of specific new products, technologies, components. Provide technical liaison with supplier, manufacturing, design engineering and customers. Produce high quality solutions for projects, and be able to apply engineering knowledge and principles to devise innovative solutions to unique design problems. Responsible for the overall life from concept through to delivery into manufacture, using innovative engineering skills to ensure seamless integration. Very hands on position, demanding high levels of creativity and flexibility. Work on many phases or sub-tasks of large projects working under instruction of the Principal Technical Specialist Engineer or entire projects of moderate complexity. Works under general supervision, reviewed at project milestones and on completion. Plans projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented. Results impact project/programme completion.
General and Task Management
* Provide significant in-depth knowledge and experience in stress and thermal analysis for high temperature products.
* Utilise prior expertise to involve global partners, suppliers and academia to leverage invention and create production ready innovations
* Develop and implement engineering design solutions in-house, with suppliers or academia for future technologies
* Develop technical specifications and supplier documentation for new technologies
* Perform stress analysis and product evaluations for future technology
* Responsible for, specifying requirements and evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing and control of features, as well as a high level of independent judgement.
* Exercise technical direction for products of expertise
* Provide technical expertise of the product features to personnel supporting the assigned project
* Support the development of new features and system requirements
* Show solid judgement and build consensus, particularly in the face of competing design requirements
* Research concept ideas using mathematical modelling to work out whether new developments and innovations would work and be cost effective
* Produce lifing ideas, based on research, into technical plans for prototypes using computer-aided design (CAD) and stress analysis (SA) software
* Attend design reviews to present design ideas and to discuss and critique alternative design solutions
* Is a subject matter expert on systems under specialty and with a detailed understanding of how systems interact
* Analyse and manage multiple design related issues to identify root cause
* Modify designs based on the analysis to re-test and analyse until design meets specification requirements
* Make and track design changes on existing products in conjunction with the Design Engineer
* Identifies problems and actively devises appropriate innovative solutions to unique problems
* Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
* Provides guidance and support to other team members
* Represent work team at reviews and cross-organisational team meetings
* Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers
Skills and Attributes:
* Exercise substantial initiative/judgement in work methods and interpreting goals
* Work independently and is reviewed infrequently with minimal supervision
* Understanding of engineering theory and principles of design and manufacture
* High level of analytical ability
* Demonstrated performance in a position requiring both high creativity and engineering technical excellence
* History of success in applying advanced technology to enhance usability of complex parts and/or systems
* Experience of developing and deploying products in a global market
* Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues
* Able to deal with ambiguity
* A sound knowledge of stress and thermal modelling software, and 3D modelling
* A knowledge of the qualities of metals and other materials
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
* Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HNC, BTec Professional Level 4 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 4 qualifications.
* Membership of an industry related Professional Body would be advantageous
* Ability to use CAD
* Ability to design processes and layouts
* Experience of FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), Kaizen/A3 (continuous improvement and problem solving) process improvement and Poka Yoke (error proofing) techniques
* Extensive work experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
* Consistently demonstrates extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity and creativity.
* Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of speciality