|Job Ref:||204664671||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£39000/annum + Benefits + Store Discount||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:59|
Location: Derby |
Salary: £39,000 + Generous benefit package
Hours: Rotating 12 hour days and nights
We are currently recruiting for a maintenance engineer on behalf of one of the most dynamic and successful businesses in the UK.
We are looking for forward thinking engineering professionals who have an understanding of Lean methodologies and Continuous improvements.
The company are offering a competitive starting salary and benefits package along with excellent opportunities for personal development and career progression. Choosing a role within this organisation will put you at the heart of their supply chain. You will be part of a team keeping the operations running smoothly and working with some of the latest cutting-edge technology within a state-of-the-art distribution centre.
• The Multi-skilled maintenance engineer will carry out reactive and preventative maintenance roles on shift related to the engineering works at Derby:
• Coaching and leadership of the Engineering Assistants on shift
• Carrying out of preventative maintenance activities
• Daily shift coverage for reactive maintenance and troubleshooting
• Work with the Engineering Team leader and Assistant Team Leader to coordinate all efforts and recommend modifications on automated equipment
• Work towards achieving system, engineering and personal KPI's
• Fulfilling of all personal safety regulations for the engineering, according to local laws and regulations
• Daily liaison with the site operational leaders to share work plans and requirements
• Shift log/incidents analysis
• Support for other members of the team
• Support for the Assistant Engineering Team Leader, filling in for his duties as required
The ideal engineer will be time served or hold a recognised electrical engineering qualification or electrical appreciation, and have experience of maintaining automated storage or materials handling equipment, such as cranes or conveyors.
• You must have a minimum 3 years Electrical/electronic experience within an engineering environment, experience of fault finding, electrical equipment, conveyors, motors, hydraulics, pneumatics, stripping and refitting
• An appreciation of PLC's, preferably Siemens, would be highly beneficial with knowledge of Inverter Drives, ASI/Profibus systems advantageous
• Previous experiences of working within a high pressure environment and an understanding of commercial requirements would be highly beneficial
• The role will require you to work proactively and reactively at the site, responding to breakdowns, defining, planning and carrying out Planned & Preventative Maintenance (PPM) in allotted downtime
• The role has a large variety of tasks and will suit an individual who enjoys autonomy and responsibility