|Job Ref:||204664405||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£30 - £40/hour||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:59|
Key skills & experience |
Experience in a parts quality or supplier development role, preferably in an automotive field
Develops and approves supplier's processes and quality systems to ensure parts are produced to customer standards. Confirms launch capability for all new parts and processes.
You'll be part of a rapidly growing team, working closely with engineering to develop new exciting products, and ensuring that quality requirements are defined at the early stage of development to allow the supplier's process and procedures to be developed to meet customer quality expectations.
*Responsible for closure of all supplier quality problems from pre-series, production and after-sales.
*Responsible for delivering all project milestones as defined by the project timing plan using the systems and resources in the most effective manner
*Actively involved with the suppliers to deliver quality components to the plant
*Representing the customer at the suppliers and defining quality and performance requirements
*Prioritisation of work and escalation within the project / department
*Responsible for representing the quality department in bespoke project planning meetings with purchasing, engineering and material planning.
*Responsible for evaluating suppliers during the nomination phase for new projects.
*Responsible for supporting engineering during the project development phase to ensure that any supplier drawings and customer standards are clearly defined.
*Spear-heading the supplier development after the concept has been defined, which will involve supporting new and existing suppliers to the automotive industry to ensure all of the quality requirements are agreed and implemented.
*Actively supporting the quality technician for everyday plant bespoke quality concerns with new or existing products.
Qualifications and Experience
* Experience in a parts quality or supplier development role, preferably in an automotive field
* Knowledge of quality systems QS9000 or DIN/ISO 9001/ISO TS16949.
* Audit and manufacturing process and engineering experience to accurately assess and predict supplier conformance.
* Capability to understand and relate technical drawings / specification to actual parts.
* Good English and German language skills.
* The ability to communicate and present effectively at all levels.
* Qualified to NVQ Level 5 or equivalent (Degree, HND or equivalent)
* Responsible for up to 40 suppliers and sub-suppliers
* Responsible for up to 500 parts
* Responsible across 2 production lines and 2 product families
""Just to clarify- this role and the Parts Quality Engineer vacancy will be based in Goodwood Monday and Friday, however the successful candidate will be expected to travel regularly. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are the main days for travel each week