|Job Ref:||204664340||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||NR1 2DH||Address:||Salary:||£24000 - £26000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:59|
Role - Welder/ Fabricator and Fitting role |
Location - Based close to Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Working hours - Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm
Capacity of role - Temporary to Permanent or Permanent position
Pay Rate - Depending on experience - £24,000 - £26,000 per annum.
Our reputable and well established client is currently recruiting for a Welder/Fabricator and Fitter to join their busy workshop team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team.
The workshop itself is hands on and requires a "can do" attitude to support innovation & technology advancement. Working in partnership with the Design Engineering Team, the job requires a competent mechanical/electrical fitter and excellent fabricator, a good problem solver and level headed individual who is able to apply their knowledge and experience.
Main duties will include but not limit to -
Mechanical, Electrical & Hydraulic assembly of equipment for the Agricultural industry.
Engagement with Design and Manufacturing Engineering to support Design for Manufacture & Assembly activities
Support of machine warranty work as, when and where required -this will include travel in the UK and abroad and therefore requires a valid passport.
Use of MIG, TIG and other welding processes
Set and program a press brake
Use of hand tools associated with welding techniques
Use of cutting, drilling, powered rollers and hand grinding machinery
Maintain clean working environment at all times
Ensure health and safety standards are met at all times
• Mechanical, electrical and hydraulic assembly experience
• Must have good Welding/ fabrication and sheet metal experience, ideally having completed at least 3 years' fabrication apprenticeship or equivalent.
• Machining experience (manual & a willingness to learn programming/CNC)
• Practical experience of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
• IT literate -excel/word/ERP (winman)
• Suitable experience and qualifications in engineering (mechanical or electrical)
• Three-year Fabrication Apprenticeship or equivalent
• Valid Full UK driving license.
MIG and TIG, Fitting, Fabrication, Electrical, Hydraulic, Machining,
MIG and TIG, Fitting, Fabrication, Electrical, Hydraulic, Machining