|Job Ref:||204664266||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:59|
A leading manufacturing company in Essex area is looking for a Reliability Engineer to join their team.|
The main purpose of this position is the ongoing development and deployment of reliability related best practices in a targeted approach to the ends of improving equipment availability, meantime between failure and at the overall reduction of costs. Working with personnel, both inside and outside the Plant, to identify and eliminate frequent equipment failures and to optimize maintenance costs. This will include: the identification of best practices and value adding opportunities, the development of maintenance strategies that take into account both equipment constraints and market constraints, and the application of Predictive Maintenance Technologies, Precision Maintenance Techniques, and up-to-date Lubrication Practices.
The ideal candidate will be efficient and have an effective manner while maintaining positive relations with the Plant. This job may also include the management of small groups of technical resources, setting up and embedding site systems and training. This will involve project management skills and techniques and routine progress reporting.
* Assisting is the development of production delay data and maintenance work order history collection systems, including the configuration and coding necessary to allow effective and efficient data extraction.
* Analysis of production and maintenance data to the ends described above.
* Providing Root Cause Analysis support to the Plant.
* Developing precision maintenance and reliability milestones that represent goals that are within the reach of the Plant, value adding, and take the organization closer to a best-in-class standing.
* Working with the Plant to develop realistically executable plans to harvest opportunities.
* Communicating to a broad spectrum of audiences the information necessary to maintain an inclusive environment, engage support and dispel unnecessary fears related to project and processes.
* Providing coaching to maintenance and production on the technical aspects of their role.
This work will involve travel to the other sites. It will involve interaction with a broad spectrum of personnel including maintenance, operations, business improvement, and informational technology.
Future expansion into other Asset Management technical functions is anticipated.
The role, will at times involve observation, testing, and data collection that may require field work involving a broad spectrum of equipment and working conditions. This could involve climbing onto, into, and around equipment and may involve the use of ladders, stairs, man-lifts, etc. All applicable safety requirements will have to be understood and applied. Working in the weather typically found at the various sites should be anticipated.
* A degree in an engineering discipline with a high level of practical maintenance experience/knowledge preferred
* Broad and general knowledge of the tasks typically performed by maintenance and reliability groups in an industrial setting. This broad knowledge is required to ensure a clear understanding of details concerning how maintenance work actually gets performed
* Experience with Maintenance Management applications
* Familiar with a number of computer applications
* Familiar with basic analysis such as pivot tables and charts, Pareto charts, and trend charts.
* Familiar with primary predictive maintenance technologies
* Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt) would be an advantage
Other desired skills
The ability to embrace and strive for a shared vision where people are in control of the equipment, and where cost effective uninterrupted operation from one outage to the next is possible.
Arrives at the essentials of problems/issues, recognises inconsistencies and lack of completeness, takes time to reflect on details; continues to work analytically until all relevant issues are on the table; uses results for own preliminary study and research; is critical.
Has excellent interpersonal skills necessary to obtain detailed equipment information from craft, operational personnel, and has the ability to provide strong supervision. Interpersonal skills must also allow for facilitating seamless integration of efforts between site, and Information Technology department personnel.
Effective, clear communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ingrained practice of fluid information flow between multiple groups. Given the technical nature of this position, it requires the ability to communicate fluently in common language and technical jargon. This includes the ability to tailor the message appropriately to match the audience.
The ability to quickly build an effective working relationship with a wide range of personnel. It also requires the ability to motivate and mentor site personnel in identifying and acting on opportunities. Especially important for the Reliability Taskforce Role