|Job Ref:||204664264||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£NEG Competitive + Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:59|
As a Material and Process Engineer - Composites, you will be working in a dynamic integrated product team within the Compressor Components organisation, to deliver composites technology to Rolls-Royce globally within the business unit. This is an opportunity within a growing technology area. Your role will be based in Bristol but you will be required to travel to CTAL, Isle of Wight for up to 3 days per week, where composite fan blades and cases are manufactured. This is a chance for you to develop in becoming a global process owner or corporate manufacturing / materials specialist.|
To ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 17,000 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer options to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas.
* Lead materials development programs involving the testing of non-standard test coupons and the effects of manufacturing processes on the material performance.
* Work with an integrated product team of design, materials and manufacturing engineers to introduce and standardise composite components and manufacturing processes.
* Identify insertion technologies, executing test plans (screening and qualification), coordinate suppliers, developing, writing and maintaining materials and process specifications.
* Identify process parameter relationships (KMPV's/KPV's).
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field and 6+ years of experience.
* Or Master's degree in Materials / Mechanical Engineering or related field with significant experience.
* Background in composite materials or metal / polymer matrix composites in aerospace or related technical field.
* Strong technical knowledge of the composite material systems and their environmental and mechanical behaviour and performance, or polymer / metal matrix composites.
* Experience in relating process to structure property relationships.
* Experience in analysing data, characterising materials and writing associated technical reports, in line with aerospace industry standards such as CMH-17.
* Knowledge of composite processing methods that can be applied to component manufacture (prepreg composite layup, adhesive application, surface preparation and protection, machining, NDE, chemical processing and cleaning).
* Good understanding of composite design and stress methods.
* Ability to be a technical leader within a manufacturing / materials engineering role.
* Experience in, and / or ability to work with external companies, universities and government agencies.
* Able to plan and execute technical projects.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We create integrated power solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Create the next generation of innovation. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer