|Job Ref:||204663822||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£25000 - £33000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 08:59|
Our client is providing an excellent opportunity to progress your career within the water environment sector, working in a well-regarded team of hydrology, hydraulic modelling, flood forecasting, environmental and water engineering specialists.|
This role would suit a graduate with anything from a few months to a few years experience in flood modelling and a working knowledge of ISIS/Flood Modeller or Tuflow.
Our client is a leading WEM framework partner and works on a range of projects for the Environment Agency, local authorities, water authorities, developers as well as internal clients.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to further develop their skills in river modelling, hydrology, engineering, environment, GIS and development and flood risk in collaboration with the wider team.
The team deliver the full range of flood risk management services from strategic and site level flood risk assessments for regional and local government, to the design and delivery of specific flood risk management measures as well as supporting the delivery of services under the WEM framework
Your experience should include
* Bachelor's degree (Civil Engineering , Environmental Science , Water Resources, Engineering Hydrology etc.)
* Chartered or looking to become chartered with CIWEM or ICE (or progressing structured training scheme in relevant discipline)
* Excellent communication and analytical skills
* Excellent report writing skills
* An in depth knowledge of UK flood risk and climate change policy
* Experience in fluvial/coastal hydraulic flood modelling
* Hydraulic modelling software, including ISIS/Flood Modeller Pro, TUFLOW, InfoWorks, MIKEFLOOD and/or HECRA
* FEH hydrology methods and software (WINFAP, ReFH, ReFH2, PDM etc.)
* Surface water modelling
* GIS packages, e.g. Arc, MapInfo, QGIS
In return our client offers the resources to allow employees to perform at their peak, with training and development to help them reach their long term career goals