|Job Ref:||204667155||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Watford||Address:||Post Code:||NN6||Salary:||£40000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:00|
Operations Manager/Test (Construction products) |
Basic salary £40,000 per annum + Benefits
A new vacancy for an Operations Manager with leading UK provider of specialist services to the Construction industry focused on the approval, certification and inspection of products, systems & installers.
The main purpose of the Operations Manager will be to manage the Test Department and support the Head of Test in delivering directorate/team budgets through the management of the Test team. The job holder will be expected to manage the day to day activities of the Test Department, maximising efficiency and ensuring that all staff are working effectively and to the best of their ability. The Operations Manager will have 3 direct direct reports (including Team Managers and a Site Support Supervisor).
Candidates should have a minimum of 5yrs experience in the Construction industry (or related) and knowledge/experience in the following areas:
- Good knowledge of Construction industry, products and systems relevant to areas of responsibility.
- Test procedures and requirements
- Physical testing
- Good computer skills including Word, Power point, Excel and email
- Strong planning, organisational skills and report writing skills
- Evidence of managing and conducting tests in compliance with relevant procedures, requirements and regulations
- Able to judge the technical integrity and soundness of test results
- Experience at a managerial level, with emphasis on the testing of a wide range of construction products
- Managing and organising a range of resources, including staff
- Minimum HNC/HND or equivalent within a relevant technical discipline