|Job Ref:||204666688||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Ely||Address:||Post Code:||CF5||Salary:||£21800/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:01|
HQ 4040: Electro-Mechanical Assembler (2nd Shift)|
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: Very Generous Package
Holidays: Annual leave 20 days
Hours: Monday to Thursday 16h30 to 01h30 and Friday 12h30 to 17h30 with 1-hour lunch break
As an assembler in a dedicated unit, you will work with a specialist team constructing high precision, close tolerance positioning equipment ranging in complication. This role will be ideal for someone who has a flexible, approachable positive attitude with a strong attention to detail and who can remain focused on their assembly tasks throughout their shift
Applications from ex-military personnel i.e. Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF) or Army are strongly encouraged.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
* Previous experience in a manufacturing assembly environment
* Ability to use variety of hand tools, measuring tools and gauging equipment
* Dexterity to work with very small components (e.g. as small as 3mm)
* Able to read mechanical and electronic drawings/layouts and pursue written instructions
* Good numeracy and literacy skills (both verbal and written)
* Able to work independently or as part of a team
* Knowledge of Windows platforms
* On and off-board firmware programming equipment/techniques
* Electronics product wiring and assembly techniques
* Functional and soak testing techniques for mechanical and electronics products
* A Mechanical and/or Electronic Engineering qualification
* Electronic skills including Soldering
* Experience in instrument assembly or assembly of fine tolerance electro-mechanical products
* Knowledge of 5S practices and lean manufacturing.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be posted.