|Job Ref:||204666571||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bangor||Address:||Post Code:||BT20||Salary:||£25000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:01|
I am working with a busy engineering client who is recruiting a buyer on a permanent basis in Bangor. |
The day to day role will involve: -
- Managing a portfolio of categories ensuring all parts are available to meet the production plan and customer requirements.
- Control the purchase order process from enquiry to invoice clearance. Purchase in line with SAP MRP demand and other authorised inputs with the financial constraints agreed.
- Communicate promptly any issues.
- Introduce strategies to effectively manage current and future supply chains; including supplier reviews, supplier visits/ audits, contracts, SLA's with key suppliers.
- Monitor changes in the market that could have a commercial effect on the business.
- Identify and lead cost out projects across all spend categories, materials, parts, subcontract and indirect.
- Ensure SAP and other supplier databases are accurate at all times, especially the approved supplier lists working with the supplier quality teams
- Ensure compliance
Candidates must have the following experience: -
- Purchasing experience in an engineering / mechanical environment
- Ideally have MCIPS experience / be willing to become qualified
- Bought engineering parts/ commodities/ Castings/ sheet metal. Machining/ electrical components
This is an excellent opportunity for a very busy engineering client. The salary on offer depends on experience and they are looking at a fairly wide range between £25k - £40k.
To apply please submit you cv today