|Job Ref:||204666444||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northamptonshire||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Salary:||£38000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:00|
Global leading automation specialist / material handling equipment supplier looking to recruit an experienced PLC / Controls Engineer to join their regional office in Northamptonshire as Technical Support Engineer. The role of Technical Support Engineer is to assist the site based maintenance teams in distribution centres across the UK with PLC system errors and issues.|
The company supply Material Handling equipment and maintenance service packages to an array of well-known blue chip companies for their distribution centres in the UK and the majority are new cutting edge automated sites.
This role of Technical Support Engineer is a helpdesk based role and is a brand new in the company structure, the company is looking for someone who has varied experience with PLC's (mainly Siemens) and is able to communicate with Maintenance Engineers on site when the PLC systems go wrong to explain possible resolutions.
Benefits include :
- c£38 - £40k + Benefits
- Office based
- No shifts ! (generally Mon to Fri 08.30am - 4.45pm), but flexibility would be required when needed
- Significant initial training on company products (this would be European based training so ability to travel for training is a must ! )
- Great career potential as company has seen significant growth in the last few years
Key Responsibilities of PLC Controls / Automation Engineer:
- Provide specialist PLC system support to the service department
- You will be an expert in your field and a highly proficient communicator
- Within this role you will be helping our various sites across the UK with PLC malfunctions, by fault finding remotely, mentoring and assisting our on-site engineers
- Hold a recognised qualification within Electrical Engineering
- Have completed Siemens service / programming levels 1, 2 or 3, ideally you will have experience with ladder logic on Siemens Step 7
- Experience with WIN CC PROFIBUS is beneficial
Experience of Siemens S7 in a logistics / distribution environment would be a distinct advantage.
If you are an experienced PLC Controls / Automation Engineer or Technical Support Engineer looking for a new opportunity please contact Stuart Cooper directly on (Apply online only) for further details. Please be assured your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Wagstaff Recruitment offers a dedicated and individual recruitment service for professional candidates seeking new opportunities within the manufacturing industry