|Job Ref:||204663707||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leighton Buzzard||Address:||Post Code:||LU7||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:00|
Health and Safety Advisor |
Location: Leighton Buzzard
Salary: £30k - £35k
As a leader in the aerospace industry, my client are growing rapidly and now require a Health & Safety Advisor to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor - Job Role:
Reporting to the Safety Health Environment & Fire Manager, you will be required to conduct and write reports on health and safety inspections, deliver health and safety related training, and provide practical and professional health and safety advice to all employees.
Health and Safety Advisor - Main responsibilities will include:
- To report on any Health, Safety and Environmental issues that are raised.
- To produce written reports of inspections carried out and to ensure that all requirements and recommendations are followed up within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure compliance of an implementing health and safety legislation throughout the business.
- To advise on and follow up all health and safety concerns and hazards.
- To log the details of and follow up accident reports.
- To deliver staff inductions, training and other programmes relating to health and safety for permanent and temporary workers.
- To provide practical and competent health and safety advice and assistance as required.
- To carry out specific risk assessments and risk management plans in collaboration with colleagues and or relevant departments.
- Develop and deliver a variety of health and safety training courses, including the Nationally Accredited IOSH Managing and Working Safely programmes.
- Review and assess Display Screen Equipment (DSE) assessments.
- To investigate and respond proactively to health and safety concerns and incidents ensuring that recommendations are made and implemented following such investigations.
- Carry out health, safety & environmental inspections and audits on a rolling programme as required.
Health and Safety Advisor - The Ideal candidate will have the following -
You Must come from the Manufacturing industry as a Health & Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Holder of a Nebosh General Certificate or equivalent in Health and Safety
- Proficient knowledge of UK Health, Safety and Environmental Laws & Regulations.
- Ideally a member of IOSH
- Knowledge of the (Apply online only) auditing standards, and experience of delivering such audits.
- A proficient knowledge of COSHH requirements.
- Experience of carrying out health, safety & environmental inspections and audits on a rolling programme as required.
- Experience of Health & Safety Training and Inductions
- Experience in reporting incidents, accidents and near miss investigations and of subsequent dealing with external bodies (e.g. Health & Safety Executive).
- Excellent written and communication skills and working knowledge of MS Office packages including MS Word and Excel.
Health and Safety Advisor - The following would be an advantage, but isn`t essential -
- An understanding of the ESOS requirements.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Familiarity of undertaking Fire Risk Assessments.
- Ability to carry out site and building SHE inspections.
- Experience of working with chemicals with an understanding of test and monitoring procedures.
- Experience of working within machine shops or working in an engineering or aerospace environment.
- Familiarity with issuing working permits (e.g. height, hot, electrical).
For more information please call Paul Gorton on (Apply online only).
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update