|Job Ref:||204663636||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Failsworth||Address:||Post Code:||M35||Salary:||£0 - £13.18/hour||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:01|
We are seeking to recruit a Fabric Engineer on a temp to perm basis paying £13.18ph + holiday pay, with a broad range of skills in building repair/maintenance to be responsible for the day to day maintenance of a prestigious site based in the Failsworth area of Manchester. |
The role is to support the Facilities Manager in the implementation of a planned preventative maintenance program to ensure the day to day management, controls and security of the building and grounds.
Main duties include general repairs, maintenance, painting, plumbing, site security, overseeing contractors and ensuring that all work is carried out to specific time-lines and on budget and in accordance with the Safe Systems and Health and Safety controls.
Hours are Monday to Thursday 8am - 4pm, Friday 8am - 3pm, need to be flexible on the working hours as will also involve out of hours work and call-out. Will be a key holder
Package also includes:
• Company pension
• Healthcare plan
• Annual bonus
• Staff discount
• 25 days + 8 days bank holidays
• The option to buy back' 5 days holiday
• Free Car Parking
The successful applicant will possess a range of building maintenance, DIY, caretaking, plumbing, porterage, security skills.
Previous experience of working in a similar environment and knowledge of health and safety legislation is essential.
• PPM and reactive repairs to fabric building maintenance to include basic joinery, patch plastering, painting, brickwork repair, basic wet plumbing etc.
• The role will also involve general handyperson duties such as unblocking toilets, site clearances/removal/relocation of furniture, porterage, courier and general upkeep of the site inclusive of outside areas/car park
• Security of the premises must have knowledge of Intruder Alarm, CCTV and Access Control systems
• Assisting with maintenance/monitoring of the fire Alarm System
• To assist any maintenance engineers in electrical and mechanical maintenance where required
• General Building work operations on small works projects
• Client liaison and coordination with contractors and the Facilities Manager
• Periodic stock take and audit/re-ordering of maintenance consumables and materials
• Accepting unloading various deliveries/post (Fork Lift Truck)
• Occasional out of hours work required
• On call duties in the event of an emergency, Main key holder.
Skills and experience:
• A proven track record of General Building Maintenance skills
• Manual Handling
• Fork Lift Truck Licence (Essential)
• Good communication and Interpersonal skills
• Experience of working with Security systems including Intruder Alarm, CCTV and Access Control system's
• Ability and understanding of maintenance/monitoring of fire Alarm Systems
• Equipped with the skills and knowledge to liaise with maintenance engineers including electrical and mechanical maintenance staff where required
• Ability to ensure the Security of the premises
• Grounds Maintenance
• Negotiation Skills
• Clear and concise writing skills
• Must have good IT skills
• Understanding of Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Health & Safety Audits and COSHH
• A practical, flexible approach to work
What to Do:- If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors. To request further information on our active vacancies please visit our website (url removed)
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer