|Job Ref:||204663534||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Rushden||Address:||Post Code:||SG9||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:01|
Wykes Engineering is a progressive company with a strong proven background in renewable energy systems, waste process solutions and heavy industrial plant and machinery. We can offer an exciting and stable career within a varied working atmosphere and the opportunity to develop your career within a friendly working environment. We are an equal opportunities employer
An opportunity has arisen within our Projects team for a Projects Supervisor. The position is responsible for the management and progress of jobs from start to finish, you will need to make sure all elements of the job are planned and carried out in a timely and efficient manner. Good communication and organizational skills are key as you will be supervising a team of up to 15 people.
• To ensure all works completed under supervision are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety; monitor and assess Health and Safety risks at all stages of every project.
• Plan and schedule work making sure all deadlines are met.
• Ensure staff selection is correct for competence and experience.
• Assist with annual appraisal of staff.
• Monitor any training requirements for staff.
• Carry out job inspections to make sure standards are being met.
• Promote team work, maintain discipline and high morale.
• Carry out as required any Civil and Laboring/Bricklaying work in a timely and efficient manner.
• Follow all Health and Safety procedures
• Maintain a good level of housekeeping at all times.
• Undergo training programmes where necessary.
Experience required for this role
• Extensive supervisory experience is required
• High standard of written and verbal English
• Must have previous experience in all aspects of ground working and drainage, brick and block laying.
• Plant licences preferred but not essential:
• Fork Lift/ Telehandler
• Mini Digger/ Wheeled Excavator
Competitive within Industry