|Job Ref:||204662779||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:01|
We now have an opportunity for two enthusiastic and self-motivated Packaging Technicians to join us as part of our engineering team, working on a 4 on 4 off rota on days (9am-9pm) and reporting to the Engineering Team Leader. The main purpose of the role will be to to maintain the company's Automatic End of Line Packaging Systems, ensuring they are in a full and efficient operational state at all times
- To maintain, repair and troubleshoot our automated packaging and palletising systems.
- To assist our production departments in meeting their daily outputs and quota`s in line with the demands of our customer(s)
- To be measured against the performance standards agreed between our Production and Engineering Management Teams
- To report on progress, regularly review with Team Leader and implement corrective action where necessary
- Trouble shooting line performance and effecting repairs or adjustments so that production outputs are fully met.
- Repairs to Packaging Equipment, preventative maintenance and routine inspections.
- Plant Performance Reviews and Improvements
- Assistance with Plant Installation and recording spare part usage
- Departmental procedures and systems
- Participate in Team Meetings and attend Emergency call-outs as required
The successful packaging technician will have:
- Previous experience in an engineering role
- Formal qualifications in both electrical and mechanical engineering
- Be electrically biased and possess good mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of PLC`s (Siemens, Mitsubishi) variable speed drives and servo control systems would be desirable.
- The ability to work under pressure on your own initiative in a fast paced food manufacturing environment is essential.
In return we can offer the right candidate an excellent benefits package including competitive pay rates, 20 days paid holiday, pension scheme, private health cover (after qualifying period), and profit share.
Please note due to the high number of applications if you have not been contacted within 10 working days, then your application has been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on file for future roles