|Job Ref:||204662705||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Stafford||Address:||Post Code:||ST17||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:01|
Our client is a biomass renewables organisation and they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Engineer who will ensure the timely and accurate delivery of project mechanical engineering deliverables and advice where requested, using 'best practice' and the expected level of teamwork and professionalism. |
The role is based in Stafford with some on-site location.
• University degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification.
• A minimum of 5 years Mechanical Engineering experience within same or closely related industry working on capital plant in an Engineering office and / or at Site
• Some knowledge of large mechanical / process plant, piping, ducting, rotating equipment, lifting, fastening, fixing and jointing techniques
• Previous supervision of Junior Engineers is desirable
• To prepare engineering estimates for Mechanical Engineering scopes of work, when requested
• To prepare and issue Mechanical Engineering deliverables, in line with the overall programme agreed with the PM and to review and comment on Mechanical Engineering deliverables prepared by other Engineers, typically BOM's, GA's, Layout and Hook-up Drawings, Heat Loss Calcs, Mechanical Equipment Lists and Specifications, Piping Line Lists and Isometrics, Vessel Schedules, Weld Procedures and similar
• To review and contribute to Safety Reviews and attend client HAZOP Reviews, as required
• To review and coordinate Mechanical Engineering deliverables from external parties; comment on and action amendments where necessary with relevant parties
• To instigate and co-ordinate Value Engineering for the Mechanical Engineering discipline
• To liaise with other disciplines, as required, to achieve the design intent
• To attend and contribute to regular internal and client review meetings and follow up actions, as required
• To monitor, be aware of and record changes to Mechanical Engineering work scopes and instigate project change requests as required
• Assist and contribute to Site activities, as required