|Job Ref:||204662553||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£23000 - £25000/annum Excellent Company Benefits||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:02|
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER - DESIGN - RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT -WORLD LEADING ENGINEERING ORGANISATION - 23k- 25k- BASIC SALARY ++ 10% PENSION + 33 DAYS HOLIDAYS + PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE +DENTAL COVER + FLEXIBLE BENEFITS - FANTASTIC CAREER OPPORTUNITY- BIRMINGHAM BASED|
My client is a global leader in power and automation technologies operating in more than 100 countries worldwide, and employing 150,000 people. In the UK they operate from more than 20 locations nationally and employs approximately 3,000 people.
This is a great opportunity for someone with an engineering qualification and CAD training to get involved with a truly worldleading engineering organisation and develop a career in an unrivalled environment.
* Internal role based in Birmingham - Monday- Friday (early finish on a Friday)
* Design and development of new products - in conjunction with customers where applicable.
* Customer support and liaison on existing and new product development.
* New concept design proposals
* External technical sales support and customer visits and liaison to ensure customer requirements are met i.e. customer special orders.
* Ensure new products are tested and approved to required standards where applicable.
* Maintain and renew existing product approvals
* Create and maintain product and technical information on MRP system.
* Creation and maintenance of technical product data sheets and drawing database
* Research and specify new materials and sub-contract components
* Identifying potential quality supply sources and applying new and revised standards to products
* An engineering qualification - ideally a degree but HNC,HND level is acceptable
* 2D/3D CAD training/qualifications and recent design experience
* Commutable to Birmingham
* Any injection moulding design experience
* Any materials knowledge speficially in plastics and metals.
* 23k-25k basic
* Funding towards further education
* 10% pension
* 25 days holidays plus stats -option to buy and sell more days
* Flexible benefits
If you are interested in this role or want to speak to us about any further opportunities please apply now in the first instance.
In respect of the above role(s), Cordant Recruitment Limited operates as an Employment Agency as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy