|Job Ref:||204662543||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:02|
Senior Highways Engineer (Grade 6) - Solihull |
Arup is a firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services globally. We are a key player in the Highways market and are currently engaged in significant highways projects across the UK and Overseas.
We currently have several opportunities for experienced Senior Engineers to join our Highways business based at our Campus site in Solihull. Our 'Campus' site in Solihull is a purpose built office which comprises over 500 people representing the full range of professional services we offer. You will join our growing highways team, which is around 70 people strong and delivers a wide portfolio of work from multi million pound projects for Highways England to designing small scale junctions for developers.
As a Senior Highways Engineer with Arup, You will be part of a large team working on a major highway scheme reporting on a day-to-day basis to the Project Manager, or acting as Project Manager on small to medium scale projects. The role will combine a good technical understanding of highways design with the ability to deliver and manage whilst recognising quality, cost and time demands.
Your main responsibilities as a Highways Engineer will involve:
* Working independently and proactively on all aspects of highways works, including alignment, and drainage, at all stages from concept and feasibility through to detailed design and build
* Responsible for leading design teams and have responsibility for delivery to the specified cost, quality and programme
* Mentoring colleagues, including graduates, technicians and apprentices - providing guidance, training and feedback
* Preparing technical, commercial and progress reports, programmes and other documents to monitor, control and report progress to our clients
* Contributing to technical and financial responses for bids, tenders etc.
* Ensuring compliance with adherence to local Arup Management System Assurance procedures
* Input to business development activity to enhance and grow capability
* Travelling within the UK to other Arup & client sites will occasionally be required
Your skills and qualifications:
* Civil engineer
* Chartered or Incorporated member of the ICE, CIHT or similar
* Design and management experience undertaking design packages as part of a major highway scheme, or leading on small to medium size projects
* Substantial experience in consultation, negotiations and meetings with clients, contractors, and third party authorities
* An excellent working knowledge and experience of applying relevant highway design codes (e.g. DMRB, AASHTO)
* Experience of the application of 3D highway design software packages (e.g. InRoads, MX) on major highways
* Solid experience in one or more areas of highways technical capability such as alignment, junction design, drainage, pavement, signs and road markings. A technical skill specialism would be an advantage, with a willingness to become a skills-champion
* Experience of design and build and in tendering for new work would be beneficial
* Experience of dealing with Highways England, and knowledge of key personnel at key client organisations would be advantageous
What we're looking for in you:
You will have excellent leadership skills and be able lead the team to deliver service excellence at all levels. You will have great communication skills and be able to demonstrate highly effective networking skills and the ability to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholder groups at a technical level.
Rewards & Benefits: We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector
Arup is a place where creativity, innovation and exciting technical challenges are always possible; we are part of a team that enjoys what they do, embracing a unique culture. As a global firm we can develop careers in the UK or abroad through international assignments, and our commitment to training and development is fundamental to ensure we continue to develop our staff and look to the future requirements of our clients.
Working closely with our clients, we continue to take a whole-life view of project delivery and are proud to be in a position to provide a total design and advisory service. We have invested heavily in research and development initiatives to help understand the key forces driving the shape of our sector. This insight has enabled us to plan for a future which links highway design and management expertise with a rapidly expanding digital environment.
Approximately 1200 staff work on highway projects in the UK each year, successfully delivering integrated, multidisciplinary projects for our clients